Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap screen personas - how to navigate to another transaction and come back

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario(ME31K) wherein I have to input(link) document(CV01N document) in a pop up screen.

If the document is already there well and good, user can pick it from F4, else they will have to go to CV01N create document and then come back here.

In order to make it less complicated I have created a button in the pop up which takes you to CV01N, but the problem is once we create the document how to come back to this particular screen itself?

Is there a way to achieve this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Karthikeya

P.S: Hope this is clear if not I can explain along with screen shots.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remember that Personas is simply automating SAPgui, so it can only do what you can do in SAPgui (well, with some exceptions). When thinking about this sort of thing, ask yourself how you would do it in SAPgui, or indeed if you can do it in SAPgui.

In this case you are in transaction ME31K and you want to run CV01N, and then come back to ME31K where you left off. In SAPgui there's no way of doing that in general. As soon as you run "/ntcode" the original context is lost. Some transactions have an option - toolbar button or menu option - to run another transaction and come back. I don't see that option in ME31K for CV01N, so I don't beliebe there's a way to build the process the way you want to.

You could consider changing your process so that users are prompted to create the document first and the contract second, but design the screens so that this feels like a single coherent process.

Steve.

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Yes, I did ask that question and searched for some screen exists But just wanted to know if there is a way in personas.

I did manage to put a create vendor button on initial screen of ME31K and wrote script to come back from MK01 and paste vendor, so was wondering if something similar can be done.

Thanks a lot for the clarification..

Regards,

Karthikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are just on the initial screen of a transaction, there's no state to lose when you navigate away and come back. In the case of your ME31K example, you are already several screens into the transaction at the point where you want to navigate away. If you had enough information to navigate away and then replay ME31K to the point you left via a script, you could do it. You'd need to remember all of the user's input, though, and the more of that there might be the more difficult it is. For some transactions that might be possible, but at the point you've got to in ME31K, I don't think this is practical. It may not even be possible.

Steve.

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your input, I could finally design a screen which looks like this.

" User will create the vendor first and then search or create the document and then enter other details.

Same details I am taking into next screen and providing them a button using which they can directly link documents! ". Pasting screen shots for reference.

Regards,

Karthikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

That looks good! Happy to have been some help.

Steve.

DouglasCezar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

I've been here because I was with exactly the same kind of doubt.

Steve's words made all the sense to me and I suddenly began to see a handful of ways of automating transaction navigation in a way that the user doesnt't notice it.

In my case I was on XD03 and wanted to go to MB58 skipping the initial selection screen and then coming back to XD03. I achieved it by replacing the original SAP "back" button on MB58 with a "fake" identical back button. In this button I added a script that does "/NXD03" and, since KUNNR is stored in ABAP memory by SAP standard, the initial screen already comes right. So I finished my script with the ENTER on this screen.

When the user is on MB58's screen and clicks the "fake back button" the system runs my script and the user just sees the customer on XD03 again.

Thank you very much, Steve!

Best regards,

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

So how do you get the function F3 key to run your script of your fake back button?

Similarly... if you created a fake continue (enter) button... how do you trap the enter key?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now, I'm not aware of a way to trap the F3 key and invoke a script as a result.

For the enter key, you can link a text field to a script button so that if the focus is on that field (e.g. you're typing into it) and you press enter the linked script button is pressed. The script button can, of course, be hidden. I don't believe you can trap the enter key in any other context.

Steve.

Answers (0)