cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read memory from a different session ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have 2 WebDynpros wd1 and wd2.

In wd1 i am sending a structure to memory, and in WD2, which is running in a new session , i want to read the value of the structure.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks Elad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

You can share the data between two sessions, by passing data through the URL parameters.

Create an event for the table, to read the selected record of a table

Declare the logic in the selectedrecord method :

In the component 2 ( YSG_EVENT ),

Hope this should help you to solve your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot pass structure via URL, If you are calling second WDA application via url and if your structure contains few fields, then concatenate individual fields and pass it to URL parameters which is the best way. Check this doc for reference:

If your structure contains more fields/ if you are not calling second application via url, as suggested above, consider using Shared Memory Objects: check this doc for reference:

Regards,

Kiran

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Elad,

Well.. there are two scenarios here:

1. If you open the second session from the first one. It's easy, you just send the structure as the HTTP request:

http://<url>:<port>/sap../something/.../<application_name>?<field name>=<value>&...

For example:

?DOKAR=PDM&DOKNR=1234567&DOKTL=001....

2. If however, you have completely different session.. the only solution that comes in mind is Shared Memory Objects. You can find more details about this here:

Shared Objects - Implementation (SAP Library - ABAP - Shared Objects)

or a short tutorial...

Hope it helps! Or maybe, you can give some more details. This is a very interesting topic!

Tudor