Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search in SCN before posting

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SCN and I can see lot of discussions about the same topic sometimes which leads to repetition.

Is there any way where we can search in the SCN forum before posting our questions.

I am asking about the option like as in SAP Service marketplace, where we can search for the existing notes before raising the OSS message to SAP.

If not, Is it possible to implement the same kind of option in SCN that would save lot of time for the members too.

Regards,

Thanga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Almost all the information available in scn now, few are not there in scn. We need to search first in SCN. If it is not found then go to google, also didn't find then will post the query in discussion.

Thanks,

Santhosh

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thanga Prakash

I have putted an idea for the same thing....

You can check the thread

And k j has posted this into idea place....

Please give your feedback...

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thanga,

this is a big issue here, you are correct. And there is a new idea on Idea Place, that sound like what you are suggesting: Posting similar questions which has been answered already in forum

So if that is what you meant, go vote it up!

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you know about this short url?

The one i normally see while browsing an idea is a very long url in address bar.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Someone - I don't remember if it was Jason, Kuhan or Oxana - mentioned some time ago that you can use the idea-ID found under the header in the idea to create the short-url for it. And since then I use that one, because the long url won't change correctly to the text-url most of the time. ^^

@Thanga: Is the already mentioned idea not the same as you suggest? I just want to understand the reason for creating another idea with the same topic. Kind of ironic, too, when thinking about the topic.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know.

I did some searching to see if this trick is mentioned on idea place or SCN. Maybe it isn't.

The platform provider for idea place is Brightidea, and on their website this trick is mentioned as a beta feature.

clean URL's for communities : View Idea

Also, correct term is Clean URL.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh!!! Sorry Steffi.... Yeah your are right....I have deleted my idea and promoted the below idea.

Posting similar questions which has been answered already in forum : View Idea

Regards,

Thanga

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was definitly here on SCN, that someone mentioned it. I think in a comment under a blog or something like that.

@Thanga: Great!

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Is this link part of SCN clean URL's for communities : View Idea

So where is the Idea tracked Is it in the above link or the link given by Steffi.

Regards,

Thanga

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it isn't part of SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it. Kuhan's blog and comment it is.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, there it is!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

on Google, if you search with similar words you will get already discussed threads or available pdfs/docs/blogs.

on SCN, Go to your particular forum,Content,Enter similar words to search you may get recent threads.

I used SAP Netweaver BW forum, content - search word - 0recordmode.

Like that way you can search on SCN.

Thanks

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jason and Ramanjaneyulu,

Thanks a lot, I am already aware of these steps. But the people who are new to SCN they are not searching in the community before posting, as they need to get their queries resolved soon.

So is there a way where we can implement as like in SAP marketplace while raising support message to SAP, system will show the relevant discussions or wikis before publishing their queries in the community.

Regards,

Thanga

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as of now there is no such enhancement on SCN. Might be need to think about that. if you have any idea.open or share your idea at scn idea forum https://ideas.sap.com/

based on vote scn will consider about your idea to enhance scn features.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Oh, why didn't you just say so

Nope, there's way to "force" member to ask before posting but, as suggests, you're welcome so submit this idea for an SCN enhancement...unless it has already been suggested.  In fact, this has been discussed before...

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are a few ways to search on SCN, including the main site search box at the top right of every page:

A document I wrote contains  including this and some other search options.