cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Category Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to copy a resource from plant A to plant B by transaction code CRC1.

The plant B has a resource category 0002, However in copying it gives error message that 0002 is not defined for plant A.

Please help how can I assign category 0002 to plant A

SAPXPT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tehseen,

Work center category is not plant-specific that I know of. It seems like the resource category 0002 has not been defined. Go to OP40 in ECC and enter the category.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mike,

I am running on 4.7. What will be the code here.

Tehseen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tehseen,

Did you try the transaction? SAP rarely changes transactions (for the most part). I don't have access to a 4.7 system. You can also get there in the IMG with Production -> Basic Data -> Work Center ->General Data -> Define Work Center Category.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

THis code does not work. However I tried with the path.

The category is Already defined There But when use it in CRC1 it says that category 0002 does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tehseen,

Resource categories are application specific.  CRC1 implies that the resource will be created for recipes.

I suspect your current Resource Category has not been created for Recipes.  Did you try, say, CR01, which would be applicable for Routings?

You can create additional entries for applications for Resource categories in the same transaction mentioned by Mike.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

The Resource Category was not created for recipes however, it worked for CR01 Routings.

Thanks

SAPXPT 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tehsen,

You can use the Resource category"0008" in CRC1.

If you do the F4 in CRC1 for Resource category you don't find the Resource category as 0002.

Apart from that if you want to have the Resource category as 0002 in CRC1 then go to OP40 here select Category 002 then go to Application  and add new entry as C Recipe.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar