cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI document from activity confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

After making activity confirmation for a project through CN25 to post the actual costs including the labor costs. System should create FI documents for such incurred costs.

How can I follow or from which screen or what is the path to trace my FI documents? And is there a way to find out all of the FI documents posted to certain project within a certain period?

Thanks in advance;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many reports which shows FI document posted in projects.

At first check CJI3, then FB03,FBL1N,FBL3N, FAGLL03 etc. Hope it will give your the required details.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh;

Thank you very much for your help.

Just more clarification I need if u can help again please.

Do u know whether I can make further filtration or if there is any criteria I can run the report through it to find out the labor costs ONLY? or the FI documents including the Labor costs ONLY?

Thanks again in advance;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are this labor postings done against one G/L/cost element only?

If yes, then you can use hierarchial reports as if S_ALR_87013542 to display these postings CE wise.

You can also have an overview on confirmations in transaction CN48N.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh;

the CJI3 is perfect where it traces transactions to FI documents. But there is something strange happened with me.

When I tried to create my own template and saved it, then display it, when I pressed the button DOCUMENT to show the documents it did not do and instead of that it took me to another screen showing details for Activity, the work center, the Processing of the project, Costs and other data and info related to the project.

So, have u an idea about that and how to let show the FI doc. on the new layout for report?

Thanks again in advance;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh;

I used the report S_ALR_87013542 and find out the Cost Element related to the labor cost. But:

1. That is a secondary cost element which does not post FI documents.

2. When I selected the T-code KB64 system returned a message that ((No documents rows were selected. Enter new criteria))

Have u kindly awareness of how to find out the FI documents for such labor cost postings? and what T-code to reverse them?

Many thanks in advance;

Ahmad Mahmud

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Same way I am trying to find out. But only cost against Secondary cost element is posted by system.

Hi Saurabh

May be you know where is it

Kindly update us

Many Thanks both for this good query

Rahul

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul.

You are correct. I checked and found that system is not generating any FI document because of 2* CE factor. But yes, if you are charging any Labor cost on project system will generate a FI document which can be seen in FB03.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahmud,

To check transaction which occurs to Project, simply use TCode CJI3.

In that TCode, you can see all of transaction happened.

Activity Confirmation will generate CO Document which use Secondary Cost Element:

Debit WBS/NWA

Credit COST CENTER which Assigned to Confirmed Work Center

Activity Confirmation should not generate FI Doc.

Hopefully can help.

Thanks

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi;

yes it is helpful and clear answer.

thank u very much;

Just one more question if u have an idea about it please.

How can I reverse the CO document

Dr. WBS NWA

Cr. Cost Center

To:

Dr. Cost Center

Cr. WBS NWA

because I need to return all of the labor costs posted on WBSs and re-post them again on the to same WBSs through another way from the HR.

Thanks in advance;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmud,

To Reverse Activity Confirmation in Project System, simply You can use TCode CN29.

Thanks

Adi Prasetya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi;

Sorry I may not give enough details in my inquiry, but I need to cancel the CO documents only without Reverse for all the Activity Confirmation in order not to lose other information such the project progress.

I guess I need to avert my question to CO colleagues unless u have answer for that.

Again thank you very much;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahmud,

In my suggestion, You can not do like your detail inquiry.

You can not do reversal CO document from Activity Confirmation without reverse Activity Confirmation Qty.

But, if you really want to do this, may be you can do manual reversal of CO Document by creating reversal journal manually using TCode KB15N

Hopefully, this can help you

Thanks

Adi Prasetya

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mahmud,

I am not sure,but let go through it.

Internal Activity confirmation basically linked with

Work Center-->Cost Center

Cost Center--> Secondary Cost element

KP26--> Cost Center + internal Activity + Acivity Type

There is no role of GL Account (FI POSTING).

only controlling document gets posted.

You can use KSB1 report to check list cost booked in that cost center by internal activities.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Rahul;

Please refer to our colleague Rahul's post above where he showed how to trace the FI documents.

Regarding the KSB1 it is a very good report to find out the postings on the level of each Cost Center.

Thank u very much for your time and effort.

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmud,

First of all your welcome

Let me know one thing that FBl1N is for Vendor line item.

Rest FAGLL03, FB03, FBL3N is for FI document I agree for that,

My question is how you find FI document and which GL is hitting for it.

Can you Share me same Step wise Step.

Hi Saurabh

Same question from you also.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul;

Just please clarify more little bit your requirement.

But let me answer according to my understand and please correct for me if I misunderstood you.

If u mean how to find out the FI doc. on the CJI3. you may find a button at the top left of the screen on the menu bar with name DOCUMENT.

But actually I cannot understand what do u mean with respect to the GL.

So please clarify more.

Thank you very much for sharing knowledge

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud,

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ahmad,

Let me elaborate you...

I assigned activity in cj20n without any person assignment to it.

I confirm that activity by either cj20n or cn25.

Now, I go to cji3. execute it..

There a line w.r.t to activity confirmation shows say 100 rs.

I select that line and click on DOCUMENT in top left as suggested by you.

It open the same screen that comes at the time of confirmation.

Now My query is where the FI document ..Is it come when I confirm activity with person assignement?

As you told that you have got it tell me also where is it ?

Thanks for knowledge share

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul;

I see u have much better understand for the issue more than me. But let me try to share my little experience.

Actually I do not know exactly what is the factor which cause us to see an FI documents on CJI3 or to see that screen for confirmation as u have mentioned (which is something I did not know before).

But the issue with me that it happed when I use different Layouts !!! which is something very strange, in other words, with one Layout template it shows the FI documents with another one it shows the screen for confirmation as u said !!!!

I hope to find out together the reason and how can I reverse documents generated from ((confirmation activity)) either for FI or CO documents.

Many thanks again;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;