cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDI changes of one developer not visible to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the PDI changes done by a developer from a SDK solution, activated on the tenant, are to be viewed by another PDI developer or Administrator or any other user in C4C for testing purpose,

is there any setting to be done ?

If yes, what and how ? Plz guide.

Thanks, Sachin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

There is no separate setting required for this. Ideally Studio should synch the changes when you open the project for first time. Later if both of you are working parallel, some times studio would propose you saying you do not have the latest copy and fetches it if you agree.

Also refreshing the solution should help. If nothing helps then Go to My Documents and delete the local file which is not synched from your project under the path My Documents -> CopernicusIsolatedShell -> Projects -> SystemName -> Yourproject. This should definitely help provided the other developer had activated/checked-in the file.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

looks like my text was not fully understandable. Let me give an e.g. :

Suppose developer1 adds a dropdown field to search UI and activates the changes.

developer1 logs into C4C UI and finds the required field in the UI.

Now developer2 OR admin user logs into C4C UI and checks if the same field is displayed in the UI, but cannot see it on the screen.

I want the field (dropdown) to be visible to all users of C4C in the C4C UI.

Now, kindly let me know if any solution on this ?

Thanks, Sachin.

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

First of all you should not use the PDI users to test the solution. Best thing is to create a Business User and both can use the same user and I am sure you would not see such inconsistencies.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's as simple as I put it below:

• Developer changes are saved as a part of your PDI solution.
  • This solution should be then scoped in the tenant (which happens by default in the tenant in which you are developing through default BC content) which is only possible by Business Configuration wc.
  • PDI users are not authorized to use to Business Configuration wc. If they need to lock BC, they need to do it from PDI itself.
  • When a Non-PDI user (business user) is able to scope in solution and make it available to other Non-PDI users, you can obviously say that every other user should be able to use the solution developments from the point you scoped it successfully.
  • It is always recommended to use Business User for testing solution functionality.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks friend, this one helped me in another issue where my solution had gone out of sync with the tenant. My worry is I am facing the sync issues frequently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for informing this. It helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution to sync issues is what said: Go to My Documents and delete the local file which is not synched from your project under the path My Documents -> CopernicusIsolatedShell -> Projects -> SystemName -> Yourproject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please flag the thread answered if you don't seek further help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I marked one of the answers as 'Correct Answer'. Hope this is ok. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfectly fine. Thank you.

Answers (0)