Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming web service in PI 7.3 and creating file

ebsor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to consume web service in PI 7.3 and create file from response. I have WSDL for the web service. Now confused about datatype/message type. Is there any document/note to follow?

thanks,

7Z

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to consume web service in PI 7.3 and create file from response. I have WSDL for the web service. Now confused about datatype/message type. Is there any document/note to follow?

==>

Hi,

There are 2 ways you can do this :-

If your sender is a file and receiver is a webservice and you want to map the response back to the file then :-

Sol 1 :- Async-Sync Bridge using RequesResponse Oneway bean

Sender File channel ---> Soap Receiver Channel

Soap Receiver Channel brings the response back to the File Receiver Channel.

Now this File Receiver Channel should be called inside the Sender File Channel using the above bean.

Data Type :

Src - File struc to SOAP request (WSDL used as an external definition)(mapping 1)

SOAP response(WSDL used as an external definition) to Tgt File Struc (mapping 2)

Sol 2 :- Async Scenario

Make a Sender File Channel --> use SOAP lookup channel (pass the request payload through the SOAP receiver channel) --> Map the response back to the File using File Receiver Channel.

Data Type:

Src - File struc to Tgt File Struc (mapping 1). Since you are passing the request payload through SOAP lookup in the UDF itself.

======================================================================

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhatty,

Consuming web service means, PI will call the web service so all the message types come through WSDL file.so Receiver channel is SOAP. now my question is what is soruce? and where exactly you want to create a file.

Regards,

Loordh.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer the SAP Note "28. Effect of setting Maximum Concurrency and pool WaitingTime"             831162 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 JDBC Adapter

Regards

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram - What this parameter has got to do with the question?

@Zubyr : You just need to import the wsdl as external definition and create the service interface as synchronous.

It is like any other interface..

Have a look at the below blog for reference :

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/RFCtoSOAP/page1.htm

in 7.3 you can create integrated configurations (ICo) instead of configuration scenario

Btw what is your sender?