Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change posting date during UD Reversal

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

During working with a UD reversal program by using SAP note 175842 i came to know that the posting date only comes as the current date.

If Today i am  reversing  the UD of a batch which is 15 days old (Example-15.02.2014) then the posting date in the material document will be of today.

But my requirement is that, date should be the actual inspection lot creation date ie. 15.02.2014 . I have already discussed with the technical team , as

per their understanding no option is there to edit the standard program.

Please help me in this regard, is there any option to change the posting date.

Regards

D Mohanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohanty,

Discuss with your MM consultant if its feasible to open the period for your required period in OB52. Normally business will not allow to do the posting to closed periods.

Check which GL is effecting and open the period for that GL in OB52 provided if your business agree to do so.

Read the below thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramagiri

Actually in my case opening of period is secondary issue.

My 1st query is if it is feasible in the same period, to change the date of posting , whether manually or by any predefined logic in the particular program of UD reversal.

Regards

D Mohanty

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that you are looking to make 322 movement today but need posting date/ document date in past. I tried my reversal program and I could achieve this. While making the UD reversal, change the date which is required.

In following case, I made the 321 today but in back posting date i.e 15.02.14. For this, refer Document date.

Then again, while making the reversal, I entered the backdate (20.02.14) and same is appearing for the document. Refer 322 movement.

Ofcourse you need to allow posting in previous periods using MMRV.

If you need something else, please come up again.

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Mohanty,Nitin
You can not post Past dated reversal entries using program given in 175842 note.
While making the UD reversal, change the date which is required.
I think, Nitin has already changed this program and included MKPF-BUDAT (Posting date) at input screen. And changed program to post reversal entries at Posting date entered. Correct me if I am wrong.
Point Number 10 in 175842 states : You should not, under any circumstances, change the logic that was  implemented in the program to generate material documents or to update  the inspection lot quantities and the inspection lot status, as this may  result in inconsistent data. Since this is a program that is not  contained in the standard system, you can deal with problems that are  created as a result of the program application in the same way as  problems that have arisen as a result of a customer modification.
Amol.
nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Amol,

This customization has been done and date is brought into the initial screen along with the inspection lot number.

Since we do reversal once in months or even years, this doesn't impact much. The reason behind bringing the date into the initial screen is that corrections are generally required after a certain period of time & UD was done already.

In such cases, to keep the CO, FI & MM documents intact, we need reversals accordingly. I don't exactly know the actual reason, since we don't do reversal every now and then and this was developed before me, but this is done only after prior approval of management after making them aware of all the possible impacts.

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree with you. I would have done the same .

We must do such customizations only after making client aware of all implications and having prior approval for the same.

Amol.

Answers (0)