cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Instance In SAP MMC

0 Kudos

Dear All Gurus,

I have installed SAP ERP EHP7 Sybase on Windows Server 2008. But while starting SAP I found no Instance in SAPMMC. So I had added it through add/remove snap/in. But it is showing the error as shown in below screenshot. And afterwards I ran sapstartsrv.exe but it then asked for START profile which does not exist in EHP7. Please guide me through this problem to find exact solution. I had also updated version of SAPMMC to 3,0 & now service SAP<SID>_00 is also missing in services.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Sybase application requires the sapmmc to be the same patch level so if Sybase is at patch 14 the sapmmc needs to be at patch 14 and this sapmmc is a customized version specific for the Sybase application and not the generic sapmmc.  Please check where you downloaded the Sybase an you should find the coresponding sapmmc updates also.

subhadipkumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please check OS user sapservice<sid> user if it is log. Also check eventviewer of windows for any issues.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Most probably the sapstartsrv service is stopped.

Start the service and then open MMC

Regards

RB

0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

The service SAP<SID>_01 is not running & its showing log on failure error. As well as the service SAP<SID>_00 is disabled in services. As well as when I run sapstartsrv.exe it is asking for the START profile but since it is EHP7 so there is no START profile. Kindly help.

Thanks,

Sarang.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sarang,

then Please check following SAP note and link. It have the solution of issue.

142100 - Windows: Problems with new SAP service as of Rel. 4.5B

Troubleshooting

Regards,

majamil

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sarang,

Please check the SAP services are running or not? If not then start and check.

and Also have look the entry of hostname and IP address in hosts file.

Regards,