cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB User Password Change BRconnect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to reset the password of DBuser (SAPSR3) using brtools.

The below commands at os level in ora<sid> can be used-->

brconnect -u system/<syst_pwd> -f chpass -o SAPR3 -p <new_sap_pwd>

brconnect -u system/<syst_pwd> -f chpass -o sap< sid> -p <new_sap_pwd>

My question:

Is there any follow up tasks to be completed after executing the above commands(like testing r3trans etc)?

What can be the impacts or changes dur to this password reset of this at application/db level?

Please give me your suggestions.

Regards,

Nivin R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The quick answer is NO.

Using BRTools to change the password of the schema user of SAP is the right way.

As far as I know the ABAP schema user password is not maintained in any other places so there should be no follow up activities after this.

As long as the R3trans -d returns a 0000 return code then everything should be fine.

Regards

RB

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nivin,

For ABAP

SAPSR3 is ABAP Database Schema connecting user. Once you change the password of SAPSR3 using br*tools, there will be nothing in other post-steps.

But,

For JAVA

If you are changing password of SAPSR3DB (JAVA Database Connecting user) using br*tools in ABAP+JAVA or JAVA only stacks, then the same need to be updated in java secure storage as followup tasks. Without such update, JAVA stack will not start again.

To sync the same password in java secure storage, it needs to be changed using Configtool in (old) java landscape. In Configtool you can supply the same password of SAPSR3DB under jdbc/pool/<SID>/Password properties after applying the same using bt*tools.

Regards,

Bhavik G Shroff

ahmed_ibrahim2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nivin ,

kindly check the following SAP note , it will be helpful if you stores the data for the connection to the database in a Secure Storage

1764043 - Support for secure storage in BR*Tools

Best Regards

AhMeD

former_member182921
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nivin ,

Yes with BRtools we can change the password .

Regards,

AKS