cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Profile / Customer Specific Forecast Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a small question about the distribution profiles in Demand Planning. We use MRP and VMI scenarios.

1. While using VMI, we release forecast from DP to SNP using a distribution profile for each location. We get the percentages based on the quarterly reports on what was actually shipped to the customer and we manually enter the percentage every three months.

Our planners do this manually for the locations today since we only have a bunch of customers through VMI.

2. For the rest of the customers, we use DP and MRP. We release the forecast to ECC using a distribution function that would equally divide the PIR by the total number of days and we see that in MDO4.

The concern now is that instead of dividing the forecast equally by the day, can we divide it by the percentages of forecast consumed by the customer like we do for VMI?

If so, rather than the planner entering the numbers in the distribution profile manually, is there an automated way such as an exit that would actomatically calcuate the percentage consumed by a specific location and update them in the distribution profile automatically. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Rohit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

You will need these BAdis -

BAdi Name : /SAPAPO/SDP_RELSPLIT
Description: Change period split profile when DP released to SNP.
BAdi Name - /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA
Description - Modification of Data During Release from DP to SNP - Orders

You can fetch Period Split Profile value from Freely-Definable Attribute(like AT101) Product-Location Master (Table Name : /SAPAPO/MATLOC) to use during Forecast Release process. is added in /SAPAPO/MATLOC table.

You can create commonly used pattern using distribution functions and mapped those to different Period Split profiles. Also you can map these PSPs to some kind of numeric digits/text to easily identify/remember period split profile names uniquely.  These numeric digits can be set into Product-Location Master by either users or by using custom program.

This is just an idea, please think, you may improvise further to make it more purposeful for your scenario.

Example : Common distribution functions -

Month - 4 X 4 - 25% split into 4 Week on the Month

Month - 1F X 1 - 100% on 1st day of the Month

Month - 1L X 1 - 100% on last day of the month

Month - 2 X 4 - 50% split into 2nd and 3rd week of the Month and so on and so forth

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Thank you for the reply. But one concern here is whether these would still work when we are releasing the data from DP to ECC not SNP. Thank you.

Regards,

Rohit.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The BADI is called in both cases (release to SNP and to ECC).
As far as I could see, you can input the consumption data into a key figure of DP planning book (maybe just historical data key figure), and make the forecast key figure to be disaggregated based on this historical key figure. This is a much easier way than you create your own splitting logic ...
Forgive me if my understanding is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ada,

That will not work with our current layout. But I will try the BADI's. Thank you.

Regards,

Rohit.

Answers (0)