cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo 2.3 ODBC query from MII 14.0 SP4 Patch 2

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We're running SAP MII 14.0 sP4 Patch 2 (Feb 12, 2014) and I'm trying to link via PCo 2.3 to a system ODBC data source.

I'm trying to hit an AIM Foxboro Historian and extract tag data between midnight and 4:00 AM.

Using the workbench I create a PCo query. However, when I'm trying to open the "Database Fixed Query Details" tab, the following error message appears: "Query  execution Failed due to following: [Directive #1]: Exception [ArgumentException] - Column 'TABLE_NAME' does not belong to table Tables".

All still good, after I "OK" the error message I can test the following query, which returns results:

SELECT  Time, Value FROM hist01.sample/Current WHERE (Source ='[Param.1]') AND (Time between '2013-11-09 00:00:00' AND '2013-11-09 04:00:00')

What I get back is a list of TIME,VALUE pairs, as per the query setup, where the historian tag ID is passed through the [Param.1] string.

The main issue is when I want to use the above  PCo query template in any transaction, there is always an LH Exception thrown, with the following message.

[ERROR] [getTagValues]com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: com.sap.xmii.protocol.ProtocolReaderException: Error reading Header.

Did anyone see this message before in these circumstances? How can I define the ODBC connection to allow browsing table names? What is exactly MII/PCo looking for, in order to browse TABLE NAMES in an ODBC dataset? Would this error (inability to query the ODBC table names) render the PCo query template unusable within subsequent transactions asking for table data fully determined by the ODBC query defined in the FIXED QUERY area?

Cheers,
Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Have you tried using a PCo OPC HDA or DA connector to the Foxboro system?

Is the ODBC criver one provided by Foxboro for their historian? Do the have an OLEDB that coult be used with the PCo OLEDB connector?

Regards, Steve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At this point we've hit a roadblock in using OLEDB/ODBC drivers in connecting to the AIM* Foxboro Historian (i.e. I can't use any transactions to process any data).

Funny thing is, when testing the query templates by themselves in the workbench, we obtain data back. When using the same query template from a transaction, what we get back is only error messages as described in my original post.

Please let me know if you have updates of any kind.

Paul.

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply! Yes, the ODBC driver is the AIM AT Historian x32 version, provided by Invensys. Actually the x32 ODBC setup is our last resort .. We've tried initially OLEDB but Invensys had problems setting it up for us on a Win 2008 Enterprise 32 bit system (they have their own compatibility lists too).

The second step was to build an Win 2008 R2 Enterprise (x64) machine where PCo runs now in 32 bit mode. With this setting and the AIM*AT Historian OLEDB provider installed, we can't see and select any AIM*AT Historian servers in the Data Link Properties tab in Source systems -> PCo OleDB Database connection - > Configuration settings.

The same AIM server seemed accessible via system ODBC, where testing the connectivity to Excel was working pretty well (you can't pool connections, though).  Regarding OPC, (DA and/or HDA) there's no license in place for us, so we could not test anything in this regard.