cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of AC Users in Organization maintenance (NWBC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I am still trying to understand what the purpose of the AC Users tab is (in the maintenance screen of organizations in NWBC). What advantage do I have if I maintain users there / what feature do I miss if I don't? I could not find any helpful information until now.

Any hint is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Kind regards,

EM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik

I haven't used it for AC. My suspicion is that it might be used for HR integration (i.e. position based security) or most likely used for process control or risk management since AC, PC and RM are integrated.

From an AC usage, possibly you could use it in BRF+ rules as a data source. I haven't tried it as an option.

Cheers

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks, Colleen, for your thoughts. Someone just gave me a hint, it seems that if you maintain the Roles tab (on the same screen) and then maintain AC users on the other tab, those roles are automatically assigned to the maintained users, once they are defined as belonging to that organization. Of course, those users can only be mitigation owners and/or approvers.

What is your opinion? Thanks again.

Kind regards,

EM

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik

Thanks for the update but - again that sounds like position-based security. It  could make sense to ensure approvers in AC automatically receive their approval rights?

This is definitely something I would have a "play" with to see how to maximise benefits. Part of this would also depend on org structure set-up and types of roles you would assign.

Regards

Colleen