willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I upgraded a bw system from NW 7.01 to NW 7.3. I made:

1. dual stack split
2. upgrade ABAP stack
3. upgrade J2EE

After the upgrade of j2ee was finished my user is always locked. The j2ee tries every minute to logon to abap with my user. In file dev_jrfc.trc I see the message:

RfcGetException rc (7) message: name or password not correct (please repeat login) (I translated message because is in german)

There are no other log entries in any file under /usr/sap/<SID>/J<Nr>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log and I didn't change my password.

I checked the destinations under NWA->configuration->Infrastructure->Destinations

I checked JCO

My questions:

1. How can I do further analysis?
2. Where could my account be maintained in the j2ee?

Systeminformation:
NW 7.3 SPS10
ORACLE
HP-UX IA64

Best regards
Willi Eimler

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good Day Willi

If I understood your issue correctly the issue is with your personal user getting locked and NOT the technical users like J2EE_ADMIN, SAPJSF. Correct me if I'am wrong.

Are you sure that the connection is made from the BI Java stack and not from other Java stacks like Solution Manager ?

Regards

RB

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

yes you are right. It's my personal account. I can only see that logon on abap fails because password is wrong. But I don't know how to do any further analysis on j2ee.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Connection in transaction SMGW is <BW-Server>_PORTAL_<SID> and NWA->Configuration->Infrastructure->JCO shows <BW-Server>_PORTAL_<SID> is running.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Willi

If there are no JCo RFC connections setup from the BI Java using your personal user then I strongly think the issue must be coming from another system.

Could you check the RFC connections from the Solution Manager to the BI system ?

Regards

RB

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

the syslog of the abap system states:

15:38:04 DIA  002 100 xxxxxxx                 localhos          US  1 User xxxxxx locked due to incorrect logon

localhos means, that the logon request is from the same server. On this server is the abap and the j2ee (but diffrent SIDs). In the def_rfc-files is no hint. This means the logon request is from the j2ee.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Evening Willi

Double click on the message and it will provide detailed information.

Check the terminal name under the details section.

Regards

RB

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

terminal name is localhost.

Best regards

willi Eimler

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Willi

I am left with no other clues here.

Good Luck

RB

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

I don't know why but now my account isn't blocked anymore??????? I didn't do anything! I don't know why this system behavior vanished.

The messages about " name or password not correct" in dev_jrfc.trc also stopped ( The messages in the dev_jrfc.trc are a prove for the j2ee as the initiator of the logon requests, isn't it?).

I'm clueless too.

It's good, that my user isn't locked anymore, but it is a strange felling not to know what happened in the system!!!

Nevertheless, big thanx to you and to vlad! I close the thread now.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if your J2ee user is maintained properly in Configtool?

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

configtool->cluster-data->template-Usagetype_all_in_one->services->com.sap.security.core.ume.service shows:

Best regards

Willi Eimler