cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning attributes at the Business Process level in a Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am using a Solution mainly as an inventory of the Business Processes run within the company.

Basically, the hierarchy follows the logic described below (no genuine information here for confidentiality purposes):

• FI Master Data (Business Scenario level)
  • FI-AP
  • FI-AR
    • Customer Account clearing processing (Business Process level)
    • Customer Factoring
    • Customer Credit memo
      • FB75 (Business Process Step level)
      • FB03
      • Z...
  • SD Master Data
  • and so on....

Please let me specify that we did not use the standard Business Process Repository provided by SAP, but created our own hierarchy instead.

I would like to enrich the classification at least at the Business Process level by assigning attributes to them (Business Scenario and Business Process Step levels would be a bonus).

For example: criticality, functional domain (logistics, finance, etc.), local/global, etc.

However I cannot see anything of the sort in the structure of the B.P.: it just seems to be a container for the B.P. steps, Documentation, Tests Cases, Configuration, and so on.

All I can find is 3 attributes, which are useless for me:

• Status (Planned or Productive Production)
  • Process availability
  • organizational Area

I do find attributes, and even keywords - which would be perfect because they are configurable - but only at the documentation level.

Do you know of any standard way of assigning such attributes or keywords at the Business Process level?

Or, is there is none, as anyone encountered the same requirement, and if so, have you find a proper work-around to fulfil it?

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Regards,

Rémi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member118647
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I belive you can do this in SPRO tcode

Transaction SPRO: SAP Solution Manager IMG:

SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities (Optional) -> Implementation / Upgrade -> Blueprint and Configuration -> Object Attributes -> Definition of Customer Attributes for Object Types

here you have to create the new attribute and then fill out the properties of attribute depending on you requirement.

After creation, you need to do a right click on process step and you will get the option for attribute in context menu.

Regards,

suhel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suhel,

Thank you for your clear answer.

I had never noticed that the customer attributes could be set also on Business Scenarios, Business Processes, and Business Process Steps nodes. This is exactly what I was looking for and helps a lot.

However, I cannot find any standard report to query on structure nodes, at least in Solutions.

In SOLAR_EVAL, you can only search objects in Documentation, Transactions, Configuration, and so on (cf. screen shot below).

The query I would like to execute aims at identifying, for example, which Business Processes are critical, how many of them are local, etc.

I hope I make myself clear enough.

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Rémi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suhel,

To make things clearer I will consider your answer as correct and close this thread.

My mistake, I should have asked both questions from the beginning (can you define attributes at the Business Process & Scenario level, and reporting ability for those).

Thank you again for your answer.

Yours,

Rémi.

Answers (0)