cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine runtime of SNP optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SNP optimizer, i would like to know the factors that determine the runtime of SNP optimizer,

for example if i have 100 product-loc combination, what should be my runtime?

Thanks in Advance

Raja kiran R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raja

Following details are based on my recent experience/learning's while working Optimizer runtime(it was a nightmare)

SNP Optimizer varies regardless of number of location products or demands.

SNP Optimizer runtime is split into following 3 main steps -

Runtime 1. Reading input data

Runtime 2. Solution Calculation and

Runtime 3. Order Creation.

Runtime 2 is usually varies depends on degree of problem complexity and number of iteration optimizer has to go through before finding cost effective/optimal solution.

Analyzing the optimizer logs/trace file and collect various statistics/facts for couple of weeks can give you some idea on optimizer runtimes.  Use below Tcodes - /SAPAPO/OPT11 and /SAPAPO/SNPOPLOG for collection such statistics on following criteria's -

Please keep a watch on inputs like - Number of products, locations, location products, transportation lanes and demands.

and Output like Total Fulfilled Demands, Total Un-Filled Demands and Total number of stock transfers.

and Result Indicators like how many ProdDeco iteration,  Solution Quality/ Cost iterations and what is the Service Level achieved.

Besides, you can control the Optimizer runtime by setting up the Maximum Runtime(in Minutes) in Optimizer profile. Also use Parallel profile process for improving the performance of the optimizer run.

Also ask you basis team to watch system performance when it is reading data from livecache, solving the problem or creating orders in livecache, if there are any memory issue etc.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was a very nice explaination.

when you are taking about number of lterations, if i am not wrong , more the number of iterations better would be my result and more the runtime. how to trade off between these things.

Thanks and Regards

Raja kiran R

Answers (0)