cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile device unable to register in SUP 2.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently trying to register my device with the retail execution app 3.2. I have downloaded the Android version from SWDC and the iOS 3.2 version from the appstore.

I enter my connection details to the relay server and enter my SAP username and password but the device fails to register with SUP.

The relay server is fully available through the URL http://<ip>/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll

The SUP RSOEs are running.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My relay server log file shows these errors:

Redundant outbound enabler connection for backend server <nodeID> in backend farm <farmID> was ignored

Communication error [SYS1229: An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection...] occurred while writing to up channel of backend server <nodeID> in backend farm <farmID>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get this error for both MBS and RBS farms I created. RSOE.log

Error: Encountered authentication error with Relay Server, Farm ID or backend server ID could be invalid

packet read..

Failed to read response from Relay Server. Connection closed by server!

BUT above and below this error I get success messages saying that the SUP server has successfully connected to the relay server.

From the iOS device logs I get these errors:

mocaLog.txt:

CClientConfig::WriteProperty done, ret=3D0, prop ID=3D=1305, value=3D/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/farmMBS/, folder=3DNULL=28T104136.512500, T1, Connect URL: /ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/farmMBS/

28T104136.514686, T1,             TLStartSession - may get keys?

28T104136.517685, T1,             TLStartSession - 1

28T104136.520688, T1,             TLStartSession - Look at key

28T104136.523686, T1,             TLStartSession - Get keys

28T104136.528278, T1,             SendTMPublicKeyRequest sending

28T104136.532753, T1, HttpCommMgr: sendRequest http://<ip>/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/farmMBS/tm

28T104136.539448, T1, HttpCommMgr: Stream send successfully completed

28T104236.042563, T1, HttpCommMgr: select returning timeout

28T104236.049357, T1, Disconnected client connection

28T104236.054040, T1, MclServerRmiCalls: addDeviceRegistration failed.  Error: 571, Message:

SAPRetailEx.log

[ERROR  ]:onHttpCommunicationError: Http Communication Failure, Erro Code =3D504, =3D gateway timed out,

[ERROR  ]:------NSException> SUPApplicationRuntimeException: error @ registerApplication 571 SUPApplicationError_REGISTRATION_SERVER_TIMEOUT=

Could someone please help with a solution to this issue?

Regards

Jared

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Few queries:

What is android version you have downloaded?

enter my connection details to the relay server and enter my SAP username and password but the device fails to register with SUP.

Can you please share what all details you have entered for connection? Is relay server up and running? Make sure you use MBS farm id and httlp/https port 80/443, please share all these details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

My connection details are as follows:

Server: <ip of relay server>

Farm: farmMBS (MBS farm ID in SCC)

username: CRM username

pass: crm password

Port: 80

URL Suffix: /ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/%cid%/tm

Security Config: CRM (created a security config in SCC which connects to the CRM backend)

The relay server is running and is fully available as states above using the URL to check.

Regards

Jared

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Server: <ip of relay server>

Farm: farmMBS (MBS farm ID in SCC)

username: CRM username

pass: crm password

You are passing CRM username and password for sup registration. Are these credentials mapped to SUP LDAP directory.Are you able to access/connect SUP server/SCC using these entered credentials?  Please confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CRM username and password are my SAP CRM username and password and they do not work while logging into SCC.

My CRM security config is setup to use HTTPAuthentication and in the past when registering an app you would put your SAP credentials in to register and your security config and the app would register.

Has this changed? Oh and no I dont have the CRM credentials mapped to SUP LDAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

If you are connecting through a relay server the user details you configure on the connection settings screen of REx need to be known to SMP. You can either configure the ldap login module in the SCC to authenticate your user or you can use an SMP user that you create. Once you get past the application registration screen you will setup a pin in the next screen for the data vault and the following screen is your CRM details.

Also, have you completed all the other prerequisites required for REx as detailed in the REx admin guide? Installed the add-ons on CRM, deployed the REx content on SMP and completed at least the basic SPRO config in CRM?

REx guides are here: http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000764489&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&

Cheers

Phillip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Could you please talk me through configuring the ldap login module in scc?

The CRM backend and SCC are already configured with the app. I followed the rex guide.

So what you are saying is that the username and password that you need to insert into the setup config for the app must already be registered in SUP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

Under the main security folder in the SCC create a new security configuration called ldap for example.

Select the new ldap security configuration and go to the Authentication tab. Select New to create a Authentication Provider of type LDAPLoginModule. Get the following details from your ldap administrator:

Once the details above are entered, you can use the General tab to verify and apply the settings.

Then browse to the domain where REx is deployed and select the Security folder, assign the ldap Security Configuration you just created and set it as default. Next, browse to the saprex:3.2 package folder and then to the Settings tab and select ldap as the Security configuration there.

The user/pass entered in the app settings screen does not have to be preregistered in SMP, automatic registration will work but it needs to be a user/pass that SMP can authenticate on some source. This process has worked for me in the past.

Cheers

Phillip

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The option given by Phillip applies when you want to use ldap authentication from your app. Instead of this you can go for SAPSSO too using the httpauthenticationLoginModule. In both of these cases a new user is created in the SCC automatically.

You can also manually create user in SCC and use the created user details in the app for registration.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thats what I was using before, the httpauthentication method.

Do you mind having a look at my 1st post and let me know what you think my problem might be?

Regards

Jared