Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Restict to display specific user.

nitesh_gawas
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

My requirment as below.

Recently we have implement the rental PO process. As per manaement suggestion, this type of PO can able to display specific user only.

The authrozation matrix in display role where doc type marked as "*" and like this 1500 roles is available.

now changing the 1500 role is not ideal way in this situation. So need to restrict the user without modifying exsting role object.

i want the solution like, even role authrozation is assigned but he shouln't  able to view PO or any report related to that doc type.

Please suggest any programme, BADI or enhancement is Possible.

Thanks and Regards

Nitesh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

If you go for any custom process also it needs some work to process.

Contact you basis team they can handle this very easily.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assigning the required PO document types in the role will be the best practice. I would suggest to follow the best practice always, even though it may be time consuming.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of my knowledge, there are other way instead of authorization matrix...

Consult with your basis consultant... I hope there are must be a mass maintenance or related something else in Basis, which can be assign this to 1500 role...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The  best way is  consulting  BASIS  people .Just  tell me  the  problem  and  they  can solve it easily .

Its  a  Authorization matrix  .

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

Changing 1500 roles may be work intensive but wouldn't it be better to use the standard SAP approach to restricting access instead of enhancements?

Of those 1500, how many are imparting/derived?

Regards

Colleen