cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Type Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement wherein if an EDI invoice output type is selected during the creation of the billing document, then all the remaining output types below that should not be selected. Please find below the screen shot of the output procedure used. Whether a customer is relevant for EDI output or not is based on different values provided in different fields and the business do not want to follow that approach.

Please provide suggestions/pointers to achieve this requirement.

Thank you,

Som

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Som,

In case EDI output is not triggered, then do you want multiple outputs (e.g. print and fax) to get triggered?

See if this output procedure is assigned to other billing types, any requirement added in this procedure would be relevant for all billing types the procedure is assigned to.

Is this requirement for all customers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

In case EDI is not triggered, then one of the remaining ZCR* type output will be selected. All these outputs are configured for print output type only.

Also the original output procedure was assigned to a number of billing documents. We have created a new output procedure and assigned it to the necessary billing documents and we are making the changes in the new procedure only.

Thank you,

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Som,

One alternative would be to include a common field in the key combination used to determine these output types. There can be an indicator in your billing document that fills a specific value in this common field. You now only need to maintain the output condition records with this specific value in the common field for the EDI output type. This ensures that only the EDI output type is selected, not the others. This approach will avoid creation of new VOFM routines and ABAP development effort. And the process will be transparent to the business users.

Best Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

We cannot implement this solution as this will involve making lots of changes to the existing configuration. Therefore we want to do it through the requirement routine. Had it been a new configuration I could've followed your suggestion.

Thank you,

Som

former_member211104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Som,

What are the output types you want to see in Billing Document ?

Regards

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

If EDI is selected then no other output types should be selected. If it is not selected then one of the other ZCR* output types should be selected depending on the condition records maintained in the system.

Thank you,

Som

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maybe you'd need to do your own requirement for the other output types. Do a new VOFM in your range name (see Note 327220 - VOFM function and its objects). I suggest you to make a combination between subroutine 101 where you'd need to hardcode the EDI output type and 62. For this you need ABAP resources. After, set the new VOFM subroutine requirement in control of output types.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edurado,

Thank you for your response. I have one more doubt. Is it possible for us to identify during the Output Determination process itself whether the EDI output has been selected or not. If yes, then how?

Thank you,

Som

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my opinion yes. In table NAST there will be a record ofr ZINV. Taking the VOFM 101 as a template (your EDI output is ZINV), maybe, your VOFM 901

PERFORM KOBED_062.     "call vofm 62

LOOP AT XNAST WHERE KSCHL EQ 'ZINV' AND

OBJKY EQ MSG_OBJKY   AND

AKTIV EQ SPACE       AND

VSTAT EQ '0'.

EXIT.

ENDLOOP.

IF sy-subrc = 0.  "it was found

sy-subrc = 4.     "output not created

ELSE.

su-subrc = 0.

ENDIF.

Create your VOFM (remember the note I told you in my first answer), and change the VOFM 901 for the other output types different to EDI.

Although it's for pricing, see also SAP Note 156230 - Requirements: What is permitted, what is not?.

After, debug it and fit to your requirements. During the debugging, check how XNAST is populated.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do using own output requirement, all possible output will be listed in form KOBEV (not KOBED) under itab T683S-KSCHL.

You can loop that itab and start to exclude those unexpected output if EDI output is exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edurado,

Will try your suggestions and reply back whether we were successful or not.

Thank you,

Som