Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Error during STO Process

ketxorange7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I received this error while running the test after configuring IDoc archiving in my system.

During Write process, I can see the file is stored in the content server, therefore i'm not sure if this have something to do with authorization issue.

I'm running the archiving in Production mode when I received the error.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks and regards,

Shakir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the your spool file to the write job, to me it looks like you have not archived a single record, hence you have no file that can be stored.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen, i think session file wont get generated without any Archive file and it wont appear in store job process if it doesn't have any archive file.

ketxorange7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, as I check the log from Write job process, it shows that there is a records that I selected when I configured the variant.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

selected does not necessarily mean it got archived. The spool file is very clear there should not be any doubt. You should see a line telling you how much records were written to the archive file.

you may want to discuss this mounting question with your basis administrators, I had never to do anything in my customizing of paths and files in this regard.

How much time has been past between writing the archive and doing this STO job?

how are you doing this, is it intergrated, automatically executed when the write job has finished? or did you start it as a separate activity from SARA by manual selection of the archive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be that the logical file where the archive data is stored is not accessabile.

Means there could be two reasons

1. Your logical file system where the archive file stored temporary after write job is not accessible due to authorization at file system level.

2. Make sure that your file system or logical file path is mounted in all the application servers that you are executing the job.

ketxorange7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can I know if there is specific way to ensure the system/logical file path is mounted in all the application servers? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use tcode AL11 to check the particular file directory where the archive file gets stored temporarily before store process. You should have 777 permission to access this directory. If you can able to see the archive files then ask your BASIS guys to check mounting paths and OS level file permissions.

ketxorange7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hmm. I have checked with the Basis guys and they had already set 777 permission for the related folder. However the problem still persist. Any other workaround?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you running the job in production server...?? How many application servers u have..?? Is you filesystem is by all the app servers... Pls check