cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO User ID and Password Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

This topic looks like have been discussed many times but I am unable to get a clear direction. I am building a web based application to connect to SAP which I am able to do. I had to hard code the user name and password in the program, which creates a property file and then the file is used to make the connection????

How to ensure that I encrypt the user id and password in the program? I don't want the user id and password as a readable text in the property file. Please let me know.

Thanks

Pugal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pugal,

JCoDestinationManager that is used to instantiate and manage actual JCo connections, queries implementation of DestinationDataProvider in order to retrieve the destination properties. Thus, the way how and from which location JCo destination properties are be retrieved, is defined in the registered implementation of the interface DestinationDataProvider. By default, the implementation uses files that store JCo destinations' configuration properties, but you can implement your own logic by developing a class that will implement interface DestinationDataProvider and register it in the environment. Here, you can implement whatever logic for storing and encrypting sensitive properties or the whole JCo connection properties set that is needed as per your requirements.

For a demo on this approach, please have a look at an example class CustomDestinationDataProvider that is a part of JCo3 library distribution and that contains sample custom implementation and registration coding for DestinationDataProvider.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim. I will try this approach.

Answers (0)