What is partner profile means?.

why we create partner profile?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we you them to show where the IDOC should go (outbound)

or what should process IDOCs (inbound)

for more details about partner profiles and IDOCs

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definition of parameters for the electronic interchange of data with a trading partner using the IDoc interface. To communicate with a partner using the IDoc interface, you must have a partner profile.

Purpose:

You must maintain the partners with whom you communicate via IDocs in the partner profiles: choose the message to be sent to the partner and define the path to be used, as well as how inbound messages are processed.

Prerequisites:

· Master data must be available in the system for partners.

· A port is also selected in the outbound partner profiles.This port must be configured already.

Just have a look at these links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b803343d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/start.htm

/thread/136978

regards,

Gunasree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logical System name is used to indiacte the application system to which you are ging to send the data.

Partner profiles use the above Logical System name to determine the system to which the data is to be sent ie you have to tell wether inbound or outbound.

Suppose If you are doing IDOC to File scenario ,have to mention the Outbound Parameter in we20 ie IDOC message type name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sekhar...

Can u please list out all steps involved in IDOCS to file scenario?....

I have list of TCode to use in R3 side and XI Side....

Don't know, how to use them and when to use them.....in what order i should use them....i want step by step detailed docs...so once i read...i am done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

For IDOC to file scenario:

SAP R/3 tcode:

WE21 - create port for XI

WE20 - create partner profile LS and add idoc to outbound

XI tcode:

in SM59 - create a type 3 conn from XI to R/3

in IR import IDOC from R/3 in XI

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow these steps.....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

Now you can push your IDOCs from SAP system using WE19 IDOC test tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks rajeev...

i was reading the wiki page sekhar posted before...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

This wiki page list more steps....

i want to know, which step i need to follow....

after entering each transaction code...what all i need to fill in...

do u have a simple and detailed docs for this?.

Not seen any blog which takes step by step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sekhar...

i read those wiki....i love to see a wiki with step by step for idocs....like file to file and xml to xml.

we19 is for what?.

where i will get a help for all these t-code?. help.sap.com got detailed help on t-code...what is the use of particular t-code?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

see the below link and see the IDoc part.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find all the transaction codes here.......

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/23/getting-started-with-xi-part-1-xi-30-cheat-sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

WE19 is a test tool to trigger your IDOCs from SAP system to XI system.

You have to enter sender and reciever port no(which are created in WE21 and IDX1),sender and reciver partner type(for ex :LS) and partner profiles(which are created in WE 20) and also you have to enter message type name in E1DIC tab of Your IDOC and click on standard outbound processing tab........then IDOC will trigger from SAP system and goes to XI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

R/3 tcodes for IDOC scenarios:

WE21 - logical port creation

WE20 - partner profile LS creation

WE30 - IDOC creation

WE31 - segment creation

WE81 - message type creation

WE82 - linking of message type to idoc basic type

WE19 - testing tool for IDOC posting in R/3

Thanks,