cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of session data completed to destination NONE in EWA log report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured my satellite system for EWA report in Solution Manager 4.0. In SDCCN EWA log report generated in the satellite system, i find the statement as follows: "Transfer of session data completed to destination NONE". Because of destination None, I couldnt find the report in Solution Manager, which goes into error always. Even manually when i generate non-periodic EWA report, it gives me the same problem. In SDCCN>GoTo>Settings>Task Specific>RFC Destinations-->Settings, I checked the RFC destinations i.e. SDCC_OSS & back RFC to solution manager which are working fine as well. I have configured other systems as well and checked EWA log report, there i found that the destination shown is back RFC destination to Solution Manager. I have applied all the required support packs and addons after running rtcctool. I request you all experts to help me out in this case.

Your comments/sugggestions/solutions will be highly appreciated.

With Kind Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

Usually in the satellite system you should have two entries in SDCCN: RFC destinations:

- one for sending the download data to SAP SMP:

Description:Automatically generated Destination to SAP

Destination:SDCC_OSS

SID: O02

In change mode, click on icon:Create destination to SAPnet

- the second one is the RFC BACK destination to your solman system:

Description:XXX

Destination:SM...._BACK

Set as a Master

Delete any other entry, especially to NONE.

Could you send me the screenshot of this RFC setting in sdccn?

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We are facing same issue - for certain JAVA systems EWAs are not getting generated.

Mentioned SM:EXEC SERVICES service working fine.

In SDCCN tasks are getting completed.

Also in EWA reports list from SolMan - system ID exists but the EWA attachment is missing.

We are currently on SolMan 7.2 SP 09.

Many thanks for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a same problem. Have U already solved that?

Best regards,

Alexander Misyuk

Certified SAP Basis Consultant

Moscow, Russia

M  +79104518556

a.misuk@mail.ru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I think i have almost solved my problem, will get back to you tomorrow...My EWA reports are going to be generated tomorrow...if they get generated properly then i have got the solution i think....Wait for me.

Thanks and Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I have solved my problem. To send report to Solution Manager, you have to run few jobs in SDCCN of Satellite system. Procedure is as follows:

Create Refresh Sessions Destinations job and set its destination as RFC back destination to solution Manager and run this job daily. By default, it will be periodically scheduled to weekly. Change its schedule in Tcode SM37.

Upon Completion of above job, create Refresh Sessions job and run it manually.

Upon Completion of above job, create Maintenance Package job and run it manually.

In all of the above jobs, you will find set or have to set destination as RFC back destination to Solution Manager.

Hope this will solve your problem.

In case of any problem please revert back.

Thanks and Regards,

Naresh.

Message was edited by:

naresh dodeja

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

instead of scheduling the single tasks, you can create task "Maintenance Package" which should be executed daily.

It checks for new service data collection requests from Satellite System as well the period update of Service Definitions (definitions, which data needs to be collected).

Best regards,

Rüdiger Stöcker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I hope you are still tracking this message as it is only now that I encountered this problem.

Are these steps possible for setting up EWA for DEV/QAS systems. I did the steps you mentioned below but when I create an EWA report for my DEV system, the only RFC destination i see is "NONE".

Any ideas would help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you set your RFC back destination to Solution Manager as your Master destination. You can check it out in SDCCN....RFC Settings.

If not, add a RFC back destination to Solution Manager and set it as Master Destination.

Reward points if you find answer helpful.

Regards,

Naresh.

Message was edited by:

naresh dodeja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for your reply. I have already set the RFC back destination as my Master destination.

When I create an EWA service via SOLUTION_MANAGER, all i see is an EWA service for production, i cannot see the creation of the service for DEV and QAS.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to set Master destination in SDCCN of each system (i.e. PRD, DEV & QAS). Try doing this, i think you have missed this part.

I hope this will help you now.

Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I have done this already.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have once again configured EWA for one of my system. Just run those three jobs initially and then try to run a non-periodic job of Request Session Data and then run the job of EWA for Solution Manager. Try doing this activity two or three times continuously.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores Correa,

Thanks for ur expert comments. Unfortunately i am still not able to solve my problem. I tried the things which u said and also i changed role of my system from Customizing to Test so that EWA report can be scheduled. After doing the changes, I ran the job for EWA report, i.e. new job for request session data, i got the report as well with a changed destination name i.e. SDCC_OSS. If i run the non-periodic report for EWA report, it generates the report with destination as NONE. Somewhere i have read that we need to apply the support pack levels of all components atleast till 8, and my BW 3.5 system contains SRM Server component contains package level as 7, kindly confirm this as well if its true.

I am not able to sent the attachment of RFC destinations settings maintained in our system through SDN. Could you please send me your email id wherein i can send the attachment.

Thanks and Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.