cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup failed with error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are using crontab job to run the backup jobs every day.

until today we didn't face any issues with backup process.

today backup failed with error in middle of process.

error message:

[447] backup could not be completed, [3020043] Wrong checksum: Calculated 4267932403, stored 252392533.; $lpno$=0x455dL; $ppno$=0x900000020940P [0x20940,256k,0].

What was occured ?

Please give me some advice .

Thanks in advance .

Best Regards .

Ravindar nalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindar

This is what a persistence inconsistency looks like on SAP HANA. Some page on the disk doesn't look the way it should, so the error is thrown.

There is no way for you to analyse this is more detail and so all you can do is open a support issue with SAP to have it analysed.

In case you cannot do that for any reason or time is critical to you here, you may consider restoring your last good data back and recover all the log backups that have been created since the backup was taken.

However, I highly recommend that you perform this restore/recovery on a different server first and take a backup there afterwards.

If that works OK it should be safe to also restore the instance that is affected by the checksum error.

If you just perform the restore on the instance with the corrupt page and the restore fails for any reason, you end up in a much worse situation - so don't do that (even though it's tempting).

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars,

I had found the issue, back failed with Statistic server.

error message:

state of service: statisticsserver, hostname:30005, volume: 3, BackupError .

statistic server failed at 70%.

so I just re install statistic server then try the backup.

it is working fine.

Thanks

Ravindar

0 Kudos

Hi Ravindar

Could you please be more specific with your solution, what do you mean by reinstall statistic server. I encountered similar kind of error message

"The last log backup for volume 3 (statistics server) failed."

Thanks

Arun

Bojan-lv-85
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravinder,

I suppose he meant to reinitialize the statisticsserver acc. to note 1950221. This of course works if the backup of the statisticsserver is failing. It if fails for the other services I am afraid the action plan suggested by Lars is the only reliable solution in such situations.

BR, Bojan