cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of SEGW Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am exploring the way to take back of development done in SEGW. Can we take backup or download in our local system ?

I am search in Tcode SEGW but no option to export the code...

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor

Hi Rajesh,

Nice question! Yes there is no option to export SEGW development. as an alternative, we have option to copy the project which will copy data model and service implementation. also we can take backup of code from DPC_EXT class methods. also we can download metadata of service so that we will be able to figure it out how Odata service was defined, entity type definition, relationship etc.

also we have option to save metadata out of query /sap/opu/odata/sap/<YOUR_ODATA_SERVICE_NAME>_SRV/$metadata to .edmx file and then we can import it to create new project which will recreate data model and service implementation from .edmx file.

I hope this help you.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandrashekhar,

I have taken a back for my classes earlier.. I was trying for option you suggested to download the metadata using query.. I tried it - It is only giving option to save it in xml format and downloaded file is not correct also..

Regards,

Rajesh

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor

Hi Rajesh,

even xml file should be fine. download metadata using query and then if you wan to recreate new service, create project and then right click on Data model and select import from file option. provide your xml file and it will create required data as per metadata.

BTW, even while saving file, you can save it is .edmx extension and perform above operation. it also works fine.

just execute metadata query in GW client transaction and then copy the response to notepad and save the file as either .xml or .edmx

Both option should work!

Regards,

Chandra

Answers (0)