Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel Alerts with PI 711 and Sol man 710 sp10

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've configured PI monitoring and everything is green. I've also defined the alert configuration in the solman setup.

For the communication channels we do not get alerts i.e emails when a channel goes into an error are not being generated.

I've read some blogs that state alerts cannot be generated for communication channels which error.

Could some one tell me if this is correct for PI monitoring using PI 711 and SOl Man 710 sp10 ?

Appreciate any feedback especially if you've experience of this in a production environment.

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

Yes, this is correct for your current release and SP. There is no standard way to generate alerts for Communication Channels which are in error status. The alerting mechanism is based on messages. The message must throw an error for an alert to be generated.

However, some new functionality will be available with SP13. It does not cover exactly your requirement i.e. when a channel is in error. But it does cover channels that stop polling. See note 1808222 Trigger alerts if channel stops polling, for more details.

Regards

Mark

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply....I'm also engaged with SAP on this. The alert is generated for me so I'm surprised and email cannot be created from the alert.

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

I updated the lmservices to sp10 and the alerts started to be emailed to me.

Answers (0)