cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Environment LOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear experts!

Couple of months ago our DEV System was refreshed by a WRONG client copy!!!

Please I would to know if there is a way to fix it by client copy using production system data.

Thanks in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restoring from backup would be the usual way to fix that. But you'd do that immediately after the mistake, not several months later!

Yes, you can rebuild your dev system by copying production. We do that frequently. Well, annually...

I'm sure this has been discussed here many times before. Just search for "refresh development".

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I do a copy client copying only customizing and master data probably it will solve the issue?

Thanks for the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't copy master data (apart from user masters) with a client copy. You'll need to copy any master data you need using ALE afterwards (details here - - ignore the change pointer stuff at the end ). In a customising client you don't really need much. I think we generally just copy the chart of accounts - GL master data.

Our dev system refresh starts with a system copy of production, followed by the above process to rebuild the customising client afterwards. That gives us a system with a config client and a client with up to date transactional data for unit testing.

As I said, we do this annually for our development and QA systems.

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since a few month passed and noone notised I think the system is not very "overrimportant" so you can do a backup/restore, like that you won't need to use the production at all (no impact on it) and restore the system from the correct backup