Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Selection in webdynpro

former_member258584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know how the eveent would automatically get trigger on on F4 selection so that i can write my own code in that event.....

But know i have to press enter after selecting value from F4 help and then my code runs.

Please help !!!!

Regards,

Deepak kansal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are netweaver 7.4, you can use register_on_enter_for_f4( ) method. Check this document for reference:

If you are on lower versions, check this blog:

Or, instead of DDIC search help, you can create OVS and in event handler method of OVS, after setting value, you can write your own processing.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

former_member258584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Your post was very helpful.....but one thing please let me know, i have already an ddic search help and for that this link is not working Automatically Trigger onEnter event after selecting value from the Value Help(F4 Help)..

has this become obsolete that is why it is happening like that or still we can use it .

Regards,

Deepak kansal.

former_member258584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

when i declare below mentioned code in WDinit method :

DATA lr_view_controller TYPE REF TO cl_wdr_view.

lr_view_controller ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

lr_view_controller->if_wd_view_controller~register_on_enter_for_f4( register_on_enter = abap_true ).

Then i am getting below mentioned error :

Method "IF_WD_VIEW_CONTROLLER~REGISTER_ON_ENTER_FOR_F4" is not declared

or inherited in class "CL_WDR_VIEW" - - -- - - - - - - - -

Regards,

Deepak kansal.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in my earlier reply, to make use of that you need to be on Netweaver 7.4 version.

Seems you are on lower version, so that method is not available in your system. You can create custom event handler for the same: check this blog which was also mentioned in earlier reply: Firing a WDA event on using a Search Help - how to do it, without an NDA . But this is little tricky, so it's your choice to go for it or to use an OVS.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Use OVS component usage to provide F4 help..

go through link

Regards,

Govardhan Duvva.