Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entities are missing - River

shahid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any step that I am missing in creating this Hello World program in River?

Tables are created in the schema when I activate the RDL file, but I don't find the entities in the Odata Calls.

Also the EnititySets doesn't return the "person" or "plant"

CC: Philip Mugglestone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pmugglestone
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

I don't see anything obvious.

Did you see any messages when you activated?

I assume you followed all the instructions in the SAP HANA Academy videos...?

SAP River: Getting Started | SAP HANA

SAP River: Enabling the Development Environment | SAP HANA

SAP River: Creating the Development Environment | SAP HANA

SAP River: Hello World | SAP HANA

What happens if you remove the "Plant" entity then re-activate - effectively the same RDL as the HelloWorld app in the above videos?

You might also try restarting the HANA server and also HANA Studio - could be a caching issue if you've previously activated the RDL with differeny syntax?

Cheers,

Philip

shahid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Section 2.3 in river developer guide and the below statements were failed to execute

due to insufficient authorizations(I already have an user id in the internal system, i guess i don't have sufficient privileges).

CALL CREATE_RIVER_ENVIRONMENT ('RiverPackage', ?);

CALL ADD_USER_TO_RIVER_DT_ROLE('RIVERDEV', 'pw if new user','RiverPackage');

CALL ADD_USER_TO_RIVER_RT_ROLE('RIVERDEV', 'pw if new user','RiverPackage');

I guess i should get in touch with SYSTEM ADMIN for additional privileges.or any thoughts on assigning the roles to my existing user id?

pmugglestone
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge you need that the SYSTEM user runs that setup code. Normally it should have the authorizations necessary, as long as you have a compatible revision of HANA and have followed all the prerequisites in previous videos. Are you able to get in touch with someone that has access to SYSTEM user? Philip

shahid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The issue is fixed. Issue is related to the Authorizations for my user id and package, thanks for your time.