Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities from all SCs appear in import queue after password change

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a track configured in NWDI which has 4 runtime systems configured, Dev, Cons, Test & Prod.

In Landscape configurator > Track Data > Runtime Systems, we have selected "Deploy Controller" as the Deployment tool and maintained following: -

• Deploy Host
  • Deploy Port
  • Deploy User
  • Deploy Password

This setup (CMS transports, Assembly, Deployments) was working fine.

Recently, we have changed password for Deploy User and then we noticed import queue in "Transport Studio > Test tab and Production tab" contains activities from ALL SCs (customer as well as SAP ones) in "Waiting for import" status.

Now, this puzzling me whether to do 'select all' and then do 'import' again??

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Amey Mogare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are sure those are caused by password change, just ignore those import request

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jun,

Thanks for reply.

I am sure that they weren't there before I made password change.

After I changed password, there was a popup (I don't remember exact text) saying something about "all must be re-imported".

And later on, when I actually needed to do a transport, I was shocked to see huge list of activities waiting to be imported.

So, as per your opinion, I should just select the SC which I wanted to import as of now and click on 'Import" button? and ignore all other activities?

Wouldn't it cause any trouble?

I see activities from standard SAP SCs as well in this import queue, so I am a bit worried.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nothing to worry about, i think

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

can you enlighten me what the import really do?

Con and Dev has buildspace, if reimport happen there, i can understand,

test also has buildspace?

Best regards,

Jun

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

still not very clear about the reimport at test tab,

when saving a track, it will ask you to reimport, it gives you option to do it automatically or manually.

in this case, user probably selected automation option(that's why no reimport for dev and con?), but for the test system, it still needs manual import?

Best regards,

Jun

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I am gonna clarify the details with dev this week regarding the test and prod RTSs.

Regards,
Ervin

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin & Jun,

Sincere thanks to both of you for discussing these points, which are very informative.

I still haven't done import of those all activities in my TEST & PROD tabs of CMS.

Do you suggest I should wait a bit till Ervin comes back with more clarification?

Thanks & Regards,

Amey Mogare

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't know what else will happen for the reimport action.

but for the runtime server, if you haven't changed anything, nothing will be deployed to those server.

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

In these activities, there are 10% of activities which are containing changes and rest 90% are automatically generated after changing password.

Lets see what Ervin says about this?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Amey,

could you please list here the name of SCs/activities you can see on test/prod tab after changing the deploy password?

Thank you and Regards,
Ervin

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

All activities from our customer specific SCs plus from standard SAP SCs were there.

After Jun's reply, I have re-imported activities for mycustomer.com domain in Test tab.

Please find attached list of all SAP dependant SCs which are currently seen in Test/Prod tabs

Thanks & Regards,

Amey Mogare

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you, that is exactly what I wanted to see. I contact you once I have the answer. I already contacted my developer colleague.

Regards,
Ervin

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Ervin.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, I discussed this inhouse, and the oucome is this:
the SCs showing up there apparently due to a bug (which I assume never has been fixed due to the harmless nature of this behavior, and so the low priority of this "feature"). You can import them, but you can also ignore them. In any case this won't cause any trouble since sap delivered SCs won't get deployed at this stage, and custom SCs won't be delpoyed if the version of them is the same.

I will also change the "helpful/answered" setup of this thread since I believe Jun deserves the point here, and I delete couple of disturbing posts as well.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Millions of thanks, Jun & Ervin.

Regards,

Amey Mogare

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,