cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS6.3 and ITS

Former Member

I was under the impression that from Was 6.3 the functionality that was usually associated with ITS (Internet Transaction Server), would be in 6.3.

Obviously web dynpro is there, but what about the web gui (ie dynamic translation of standard sap screens)? I can't see that this is part of it.

I know this is a sneak preview for Netweaver so maybe it will be delivered with Was6.3, but can't find anything that states this.

Does anyone here know if this dynamic screen translation will be there?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what I heard this kind of functionality will be provided as of Was 6.4 ... In any related article I have encountered so far, the SAP ITS is still being positioned as the SAPGUI for HTML solution ...

Just my 2 cents

Steven

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Maybe the 6.40 relase is ready for download in an developer edition. (but maybe its just SAP's usual Version Number Confusion Show).

In SDN's download section you can read this:

Download SAP Web Application Server 6.40.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloads.sdn?page=software_download.htm

This is more than 600MB to download. It is also possible to get CD versions of this and of Mini SAP WAS 6.10 at the SAP Shop.

But if you look in the SAP shop you will only find WAS 6.30 ??

I don't know.

Best regards

Thomas Madsen Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I download the file, but its name is still 6.3 beta 2. I am going to install anyway and see if anything is different.

The ITS functionality I thought was supposed to be in 6.3 not 6.4... but then....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed it and it looks exactly the same. even the date and time is the same ;-(

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh well ...

Saves me a download of 600 MB

Thx for telling us!

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

ITS will be part of Web AS 6.40. The Sneak Preview Edition for 6.40 you can download now from SDN (the file name is 6.3 beta 2) does not yet contain the ITS functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anywhere that sap has said that ITS is part of 6.4 as I believe I did read that it was supposed to be part of 6.3.

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP decided to release only 6.40 (and not 6.30) as a General Availability product once it is ready. 6.30 is viewed as a ramp-up product for 6.40. So officially everything announced for 6.30 will be available only in 6.40. Selected Ramp-up customers however will still receive 6.30. This decision was made as I write, this is why it has not yet been communicated.