cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Moderator Approval...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that there's been similar discussion on this in lot of threads...

My question is not about why is it going for moderator approval but why is it taking more than a day for moderator to approve??

I posted a blog http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-cloud-portal/blog/2014/02/25/sap-hana-cloud-portal-movie-critic-ja...

which has gone for moderator approval and it's been more than a day till now and my blog is still in approval phase. Not sure when it will be approved.

• How will I know who's the moderator for a space?
  • If this is the case, how will the purpose be served? If my answer goes live after 2days, it doesn't make sense. Right?
  • Moreover, I posted this blog in order to participate in an event. What if this gets live after the timelines for that event has crossed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The blog post in question was subject to the pre-moderation in rules in place to prevent spam on SCN.  A moderator will review it as soon as possible.  See

However, you are obviously familiar with SCN and how to used it.  I see you have another account setup as an S user: .  This could have been avoided if you used that long standing account to participate in the challenge.  This also raises the issue of using two separate accounts on SCN simultaneously, which is frowned upon in the community.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thanks for the reply. Yes. I am in plans to close my previous account on some reasons. However, I will be using this account from now on. But, the reason behind why I kept my old account still working coz I followed what is said in this document about merging accounts, Support FAQ for User IDs and Passwords

Is there any way that you can approve my blog?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've notified the person responsible for the space that there's something waiting for approval. Thanks you for your patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much

I got the blog approved finally.

You are the best!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some times  ,  Its  easy  to  find  the  moderators  whether  its  a  repeated  question  or  not  .

Sometimes  it  will  take  time  to  check .so  that's  why  their is a   lag  time

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I posted one thread . could anyone let me know when this will be approved ?

https://scn.sap.com/post.jspa?container=2034&containerType=14&reply=false

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Soon. Please note the advice found here:

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am quite sure, your blog got a "Alert moderator"

That's because the blog is under approval..

Sometime its takes a min to take a decision and sometimes it takes 2-3 days to take a decision...

Don't worry, if your blog is unique , then it will be visible soon..

I can see your point is not deduct from your account..

Please give the sufficient time to take a decision...

Thanks for understanding...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my first blog after creating an account. That's why it went for approval.

Going for approval is OKAY. No problem in that. As a matter of fact, I support that this process should happen to maintain the quality of SCN content. And this is not about points as well. I scraped my old account where I was Silver and started this account completely New.

My concern is what if I can not answer to any comment in right time? Should I say like wait for 5days to see my answer?

All I wanted to say is this moderation should not stop us from being active. I know there lot of others who waited for around 10days.

Moderators are great. They do wonderful job. Agree! It's just that they need to be active. Their availability is causing delays for us.

Anyways, thanks for replying and congratulations for your "Thought Leader" badge.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not talking about the points,

I have mentioned that just to notify you that, your document is not rejected yet...

Srivatsava Janaswamy wrote:

This is my first blog after creating an account. That's why it went for approval.

No its wrong.... You can see you have receive a like for your document, that means your document was published for a little time.. Then someone press "Alert moderator" on your document... That's because the document is under moderation...

And you have created the document just 12 hours ago.. Please be patient, it will rectified soon...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry but let's see if we both are in same page.

I don't really see whatever you said.

Are you really talking about the link I posted? It actually refers to page as shown in the below screenshot where you can what I am actually seeing!

You must be referring to my recent document but this is my first blog I was actually talking about.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Opss Sorry...

I thought you are talking the document ...

About this blog, no history is updated in your account... Also no expertise...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand. No problem.

I posted this discussion here hoping at least would help me.

Let's see.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any first blog goes to moderator approval. Blogs are usually not as time critical  like questions.

in the people tab of the space you can see who your moderators are:

As there is no moderator listed it will probably need to be approved by global moderators who pick anything up what is left for days by the space moderators. Worst case you need to be patient for some more days until your blog is identified as overdue.

If this discussion is seen by global moderator, then it might be quicker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, that is the reason I posted.

Whenever I see your comments, I feel like SCN is so small. You are everywhere. I already started feeling kinda familiar to you and your posts. Thnks for replying.