SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a different issue then usual .

My client was using annual bill for customer and they ware in advance Billing procedure .Now they want to be in monthly billing. But they want consumption charge should be monthly and service charge should be calculate in advance for the year. They decide that service charge should be calculate in May for the next Year after that only consumption charge should be come into bill.

I set up the advance billing but in May it is calculating advance charge only for the next month not year ( as the Meter reading order is for the next month ) . So anybody can guide me how to calculate it for the year.

Thanks,

Khurram 

2 REPLIES 2

Gerald_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

that is real interesting challenge!

With standard functionality it is at the moment not possible to solve. The control for sdvanced billing is needed to be enhanced. Maybe you contact the product management of IS-U with that. It looks not impossible to enhance the standard functionality with a further control for that, but thats only the functional perspective ..

An other option could be a scenario which includes the SAP Convergent Invoicing in FI/CA. In the IS-U-billing runtime maybe you send a bit including the service charge for the complete year, and by using the CI/IS-U-Integration you make sure to invoice the IS-U-billdoc together with the CI-Billdoc in a common invoice. It seems a little bit oversized, but it is one standard 🙂

Therefor contact the product management of SAP Convergent Invoicing.

BR

Gerald Galka

SAP Consulting for Utilities

Gerald G. - "Der Utilitiesenthusiast" - https://www.linkedin.com/in/der-utilitiesenthusiast/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khurram,

Advance Billing would be dependent on the meter reading schedule date. In your case its 1 month so the advance bill will always calculate for 1 month only.

Probably an easy way would be to create a z variant and copy this service charge for a month and then extrpolate it for the whole year. You would already have the billing period so getting the whole year period would not be a big task.

Cheers,

Harsh