cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Tree Structure is not getting created automatically after Sales Order is saved

prasad_mandre
Participant
0 Kudos

In one one of our scenario, when we add material to Sales Order and save with Requirement Type(under Procurrement Tab of Sales Order) , in APO there is no planned order or only planned order which is dynamically pegged created because the ATP Tree in APO is not being converted. There is no pegging relevant item create(e.g. Planned Order). When we are checking the persistent ATP Trees in APO (/SAPAPO/ATREE_DSP - ATP-Trees) we can see that they are not converted automatically. They are still there. If we do it manually via transaction (/SAPAPO/RRP_ATP2PPDS - Conversion ATP Tree Structures -> Production Planning) it works. Afterwards the Planned Order is available and fixed pegged.

Why is APO not converting the ATP tree automatically ?

I also checked the scheduling horizon for conversion of the ATP Tree and it is correct: Is there any relation with Check Mode setting under ATP tab in Material Master?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check for your user if you have switched on  debugging in /SAPAPO/RRPDEBUG.

Love Singh

prasad_mandre
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Love,

I checked /SAPAPO/RRPDEBUG in testing environment . There is not entry found . But how does this will be related to issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad ,

This enables you to debug the ATP tree . If you have created an entry here with your user name then it will not let ATP tree get converted into PP/DS orders automatically .

It's very surprising because all  seems fine . Just cross check all the settings once with below .

The conversion time depends on the following horizons and dates:

·  PP/DS Horizon

·  Scheduling horizon for the conversion of ATP tree structures

·  Requirements dates in the ATP tree structure

PP/DS immediately converts the ATP tree structure when the sales order is saved

·  If the earliest requirements date for components is within the scheduling horizon or

·  If the latest requirements date for finished products is within the PP/DS horizon

If none of these conditions are fulfilled when saving the sales order, the system saves the ATP tree structure in SAP APO. In this case you can only convert the ATP tree structure online or in the background when one of the conditions given above is fulfilled. Here, there is an offset for the horizons with which you can achieve an earlier conversion.

You maintain the scheduling horizon for the conversion of ATP tree structures in Customizing for Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling under Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults. You maintain a location product specific PP/DS horizon in the location product master. If no location product specific PP/DS horizon exists, the system uses the PP/DS horizon from the planning version. You maintain these in Model and Planning Version Management.

Love Singh

prasad_mandre
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Love,

I have checked it.

I found that at Location Product level no PPDS horizon is maintained but Scheduling Horizon is maintained in customizing. So it should consider that horizon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/845105

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad ,

One of the possible reason may be the fact that the "Req Date" of sales order should lie within the PP/DS horizon . You can check that in /SAPAPO/MAT1 . Kindly confirm what is the PP/DS horizon maintained there .

Hope it helps .

Best Regards,

Love Singh

prasad_mandre
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Love,

Thanks for your input.

I have checked PPDS Horizon maintained in MAT1.  Req Date of Sales order lie within the PP/DS Horizon. So this possibility is ruled out.