cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM: If Reporter and Processor are the same BP the no scheduled actions are executed

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.  We occasionally run into a situation where both the Reporter and the Processor are the same person.  It seems as though when we run into this situation then no scheduled actions are executed for the incident.  For instance, an incident is created in one business partner and sent to another support person for action. That support person has determined that the report needs to specify more information so they then assign the incident back to the reporter who then becomes the new processor of the message.  Normally, this would trigger an email to the new processor notifying them that the message been reassigned to them, however, since both the reporter and the processor are the same person, nothing happens.  Is there a way to have the system execute the action regardless of who the reporter and processor are?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Yes this behavior controlled by BADI - CRM_ACTION_BADI

If you deactivate this then email will be scheduled even if Reproter and Processor have same Business Partner

1521582 - Solution Manager: no mail is sent to processor of the
message if sender and receiver are t...

• start transaction SE19
  • enter the BAdi as Classic BAdi
  • press button "Change"
  • select the button "Deactivate"
  • save the changes

Rg Dan

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the advice, but deactivating that BADI in SolMan 7.1 is causing me to receive a security error whenever I try to save an incident.  Re-activating the BADI made the error go away.  I have opened an OSS message regarding the error.  Please see the error below.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

As mentioned by Dan, system is designed to behave in this way by default. but you can deactivate the BADI if required.

Also check below note which mentions the same and some other important FAQ

895546 - FAQ: Partner-dependent actions

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar