cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brrestore error "no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I am having a weired issue with BRRestore in our environment. I am running SAP/Oracle on AIX. I take backup and archive  to external system (TSM) using BRTools/RMAN.

If I take an online consistent backup level 0, and I attemt to restore it; it works fine, except restoring the archive logs. I never succeeded to restore the most recent logs using BRTOOLS, but I can restore older ones. To restore these logs, I have to use RMAN directly.

Any idea or help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Are you using the .sap and .utl files used for the archive log backup for restoring the archive logs ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regan

Yes I am using .sap and .utl files for both backup and restore.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nader,

Please try the below and check whether it works.

Get the SCN with the following:

select max(NEXT_CHANGE#)-1 n from v$backup_archivelog_details;

RESTORE ARCHIVELOG FROM SCN ${SCN};

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Of course I can restore using RMAN, but I would like to do that via brrestore. From my reading, I see that the control file backup is a copy of the backup of control file that takes place at the begining.

Is there a way to force taking a copy of the control file at the end of the online backup? Can I do that in the same backup run, and not in  separate step?

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nader,

did you solve your problem ? I am having the same problem, but with a refresh scenario:

I am able to restore the logs needed on the source system, but not on the target system 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no; I did not spend more time on this.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nader,

Could you share the error message you get while restoring through brtools.

Secondly please help us understand how do you take backup of archive logs ? whether you use brtools or RMAN ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

This is the error that I am getting. Also, both DB backup and archive backup are taken with BRTools and rman. The strange thing is that I can list the backup in the control file and I can restore using rman directly, but not BRTools. This is is only for the latest archive backup.

released channel: sbt_1

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 02/26/2014 10:17:53

RMAN-06026: some targets not found - aborting restore

RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 44607 and starting SCN of 711000373 found to restore

RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 44606 and starting SCN of 710988956 found to restore

RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 44605 and starting SCN of 710977565 found to restore

RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 44604 and starting SCN of 710966095 found to restore

RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 44603 and starting SCN of 710953152 found to restore

RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 44602 and starting SCN of 710947413 found to restore

RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 44601 and starting SCN of 710942302 found to restore

RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 44600 and starting SCN of 710936687 found to restore

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nader,

The error implies, it could not locate the redo log files. Could you check the path for restoration is correct and it is available with right permission.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak

As I said, I can restore older logs, but not the latest one.