cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS planned order picking p an extra component when published to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When i create a PPDs Planned order the components are correct ,but when i send the order to ECC,its picking one extra component (whihc is already there in component list).Strange part is that the extra component whihc is popping up in ECc is withlut item category.

Any idea why publishing for only this material is behaving weird.

Please let me know if any suggestion

Thanks,

Suyash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suyash

Did you check whether this extra component is in BOM i.e. your BOM and PPM/PDS are in sync? You may also check whether any substituion rule has been configured or customized in your scenario.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

Thanks for the reply ,but we havent maintained any sub rule .infact the extra component is already in BOM as a component.

The thing is when we see the order in APO it is coorect but when the order goes to ECC side this extra component is added in the order with no item category.

Is it something wrong with CIF.if so it should have happened to all the orders.

Thanks,

Suyash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suyash

If the "extra" component is in BOM, do you see it in PPM/PDS in APO? Did you CIF this material components to APO?

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

Yes the component is already in PPM,so when we create an order in APO the system picks up BOM properly ,but when the order goes to ECC and if we check the same component is added to the list.

I have no idea from where it is picking that same component again and that too without item category.

Thanks,

Suyash

0 Kudos

Hi Suyash.

Ok, so if I understood the issue correctly,

1) Planned Order is created in APO. At this point, there is dependent demand on component X, which is present in the PPM

2) Planned Order is saved and sent over to ECC. At this point, a new demand on the same component X is created. So now, there are 2 dependent demands for the same component, which is unexpected.

Is this it? I would suggest stopping the planned order queue in the inbound of ECC when it is first sent over from APO, and then checking whether the data coming from APO is correct. Aside from that, check whether there are any CIF user exits in ECC inbound that may be influencing the behavior.

Regards,

Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suyash

This may be due to some custom code.I would suggest debugging CIF Queue in ECC Inbound with help from your development team to find root cause.

Thanks,

Prasun