cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA07 does not create inspection lot for batches whose SLED and Next date is in Past

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Recentaly we went live with recurring inspection proces. Now we are trying to run QA07 manually for the batches lying in system from long. Those batches have SLED and Next insp date in past. So when I run QA07 with option "to insp. stock at lot creation" system does not create inspection lot for those batches.

When I change SLED and Next date for one batch to future manually then QA07 works perfectly. Is it normal behaviour? QA07 doesn't work with batches with past SLED and Next insp date?

What to do to correct this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

This is a standard behavior, You will get inspection lot on the Next inspection Date only, SLED will not play any role into this.Recurring Inspection lot creation is only related to "Next Inspection Date" which is calculated from

GR date + Inspection interval = Next Inspection date.

SLED is considered when you want to move stock to Blocked or Restricted (Depending on Batch Status is active or not). If you select " Block Batch at Inspection date" system will move to Blocked or Restricted when SLED is reached. you only need to activate 09 inspection type in an inspection Setup and do not create any inspection plan or specification.

I would have prepared an excel sheet for all batches with its Next Inspection date and would have updated all batches using simple LSMW to change Inspection date.

Set Background job using QA05.

Otherwise Set Next inspection date as of Today, run QA07, all batches will move into QI, Give UD and system will calculate Next Inspection date.

Amol.

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you for reply. See below screen to understand question. 09 is already active in material master.

Batch master before QA07 run. Here SLED and next insp date is Feb/19/2014.

QA07 input data to run. Running for particular 1 batch.

QA07 output: System found batch but does not create an inspection lot, even not posted stock in QI.

If I change date to future date manually(ex; tomorrow's date) then QA07 works perfectly as expected. Create an insp lot with stock in QI, but does not work if date is in past.

Is this standard behaviour?

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Yes This is standard behavior.

Here are my observations for Past dates only:

1. If there is no SLED then system will create Inspection lot for Past Date also.

2. If next inspection date + Inspection Interval is < SLED ; Inspection lot will be created. (For Past date also) .

e.g.  02.19.2014 + 50 is < 08.22.2014

3.  If next inspection date + inspection interval is > SLED ; Inspection lot will NOT be created.

02.19.2014 + 50 is > 02.19.2014

you are executing this scenario where SLED is same as Next inspection date.

Amol.

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for conforming. Do you have idea to where can we do development to create an lot even both date are same and in past?

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Program documentation says :

This program suppports deadline monitoring of batches for

• batch expiration dates
  • recurring inspections

Will have to explore if we can copy and customize RQAAAS10 not to consider deadline monitoring for Expired batches.

Anyways, Even if you could create inspection lots and though SLED and Next inspection date are of past, insp lot would be having creation date of Today. After Usage decision Next inspection date will be recalculated.

I know you are very well aware of this but the point i want to make is you can also achieve this by creating Manual Inspection lot of 09 origin Using QA01.(LSMW or Manually) only difference is this inspection lot will be stock Irrelevant.

As these are past batches i assume all batches will be inspected soon and UD will be given.

Amol.

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol for reply. Yes I'm aware we can create 09 lot manually but we have stock lying in unrestricted which business want to move in QI using deadline monitoring. We haven't run deadline monitoring yet, so we have batches in thousand/ hundred which are expired but stock in UNR. Currently they go to batch master to extend SLED but business keep missing so we want to go with deadline monitoring.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

It seems updating SLED and getting expired batches into QI through deadline monitoring is the purpose.

Go to MCH1 table, generate a list for < Todays date in  SLED.

You will get list of all expired materials.

Now create LSMW to delete SLED from batch master and also for updating SLED.

Delete all SLEDs using Lsmw and run QA07 for past dates, once you get all inspection lots created, run LSMW for updating SLEDs.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

As per my observation from your conversation, I think you should create background job for 09 inspection type for QA07. Set background job as daily. So, System will run the job daily and if there are any pending inspection for current date then inspection lot will create automatically as per the list in QA07.

No need to check everytime in QA07 manually. I think this will be the best way to resolved your problem.

Regards,

Sandip

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

I understand, your reply was for Eric and I am interfering, but I would like to comment on what you have suggested.

I guess, Eric doesn't have any problem n scheduling background job. Real issue is QA07 does not create inspection lots for past "Next inspection dates" if SLED is maintained. kindly go through all replies.

It will be appreciable if you have any suggestions, observations on the same.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Thanks for your reply but I read all replies then only give the answer.

I know QA07 does not create inspection lot for pat inspection date. But my answer is the way where he can find the solution of it.

If he maintained the background job for that then this problem will not come into the picture.

As per my knowledge, most of the pharma company using this scenario only to overcome this problem.

It is the process to save time and no need to run QA07 everyday.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandip

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

As per my understanding, QA07 can create inspection lots for Past "Next inspection Dates".

1. If there is no SLED then system will create Inspection lot for Past Date also.

2. If next inspection date + Inspection Interval is < SLED ; Inspection lot will be created. (For Past date also) .

e.g.  02.19.2014 + 50 is < 08.22.2014

I am sorry but I am really not following how setting Background job will solve this Question?

Let me put it again,

Background job for deadline monitoring will be set for Future Inspection dates (Prevention) but this thread is wholly concentrated for the Expired batches lying in Unrestricted and Eric wants these batches to move in QI using Deadline monitoring which is not an everyday job.

I presumed that setting background job for future dates is known to user and will be followed if user seems it is required.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

I think still you are not getting my point.

I am giving you one example,

--> See if we are already running background job for QA07 in plant A.

--> Everyday job is running to check the batches which are going to expired. If today have 3 batches to going to expired then job will generate the inspection lot 09 for that batches.

--> Everyday job will resove the problem of past "Next inspection Dates" (Means no batches will be available for past "Next inspection Dates" if we are running job daily).

--> Everyday recurring lot will generate and user can find the list of inspection lot we are going to expired.

Hope now you can unserstand.

Sandip

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I got your point, You are talking about Prevention and me about Cure.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

You will need to update the material master with inspection type 09 to achieve this.

Regards

Rogerio