cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEEBURGER Bicmd creation from SDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In our project, we faced this situation where the SEEBURGER mapping source files(.bicmd) were lost --so now we have only the deployable version(.sda) in the production environment.

The SDA version is correct and so there's no immediate threat, but then again if a new map needs to be created and also an existing map needs to be edited, then there will be an issue--so the BICMD file needs to be recreated again.

I contacted SEEBURGER and SAP also regarding this and they supported my approach --but there's no harm in getting more expert opinion!

There is no way of getting the maps directly from the .sda file -- only what can be done is that the target and source structures can be used to create the mappings by using the Generator mapping tool provided by SEEBURGER.

The .sda file has the source and target structures in .xml format and compiled versions of the map(.class format) and some other data files(.trg).

Have you faced similar situation in any of your projects and what approach have you used to solve the situation?

Thanks,

Arka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arka,

Can you advise what is the solution you performed to come out of the situation. We are also having same problem.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Rama Krishna

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arka,

As per my suggestion it is better to create new generator mappings in BICMD. It doesnt need any much  transformation rules also.....

Please let us know if you get any other option from SAP.

Thanks,

Sreenivas.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arka,

from my point of view, there will be no other possibility than recreating the BIC MD project with the "Generator Mappings" and the available message structures.

I think the effort should be limited with the "Generator Mappings" and since there is usually no specific code in the BIC-Mappings, your newly created file should work perfectly fine.

I have been waiting a little bit before sending the reply, to see if there is any other feedback, but apparently no other approach has been used so far.

Kind Regards

Stefan