cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component-Based Message Alerting

Krishneel
Participant
0 Kudos

We currently have component-based message alerting setup on our PI 7.4 Java Only system. The consumer at the moment is ALERT-To-MAIL and it is working perfectly.

However we now have Solution Manager 7.1 in place and want this to be the new consumer of the alerts. I've already done the necessary configuration on Solution Manager for 'Alerting and Monitoring' (and in particular step 5.7 'Message Alerting'). My questsions are:

• Do I need to define Solution Manager as a consumer for the alert rules in the PI integration Directory? i.e. like I did for ALERT-TO-MAIL?
  • Can ALERT-To-MAIL and Solution Manager both be consumers of an Alert Rule?

Thanks,

Krishneel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

• Do I need to define Solution Manager as a consumer for the alert rules in the PI integration Directory? i.e. like I did for ALERT-TO-MAIL?

Check this blog:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/247006678/PI_Message_Alerting_PI7.31_SolMan7.1SP5....

Yes, certainly possible

Edited - missed out to add reference.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Krish -

>>>>AFAIK- Yes. you have to register the consumer for Solmon and you can do that using the register consumer service in wsnavigator

blog on registering consumer -

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/05/05/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

>>>> Yes. You can have multiple consumers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

>>AFAIK- Yes. you have to register the consumer for Solmon and you can do that using the register consumer service in wsnavigator

Your assumption is wrong. we don't need any service to register solman consumer.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Realized after going through the blog.

Thanks.