cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Budget exceeded error when creating PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As am unable to create PO getting WBS budget exceeded error.

I tried below ways but still issue exists, Can anyone help me on this.

1) Budget available in CJ30, S_ALR_87013558, already actual data is available for other WBS elemenets till last month.

2) I tried reconstructing the availability control using the transaction CJEN but still not able to create PO

3) Deactivated availability control: CJBW, refresh data base: CJEN and  Activate avialabilty control: CJBV.

Please help

Will assign points (Avoid this statement in future)

Message was edited by: Mohamed Rafi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, can you please suggest any solution on this.

Thanks,

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Check if the released budget is available in current year for respective WBS. If editing a PO created in previous year  then make sure the release budget is available there.

2. Check again on all the suggestions given above.

3. Run a test case in development client for same scenario and check if system gives error there also.

4. If still the issue persists, raise to SAP (but I am sure, it is about finding the error in your system by yourself).

Did you observe the budget changes in S_ALR .. report after you did CJBW-> PR/PO creation -> CJBN ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already told you unable to update amount in release field for the wbs elements.

This month they activated and AVAC and now if you assign funds in release field in CJ32, anyhow it will throw error.

Thanks,

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

for carrying out CJ32 release of budget it is mandatory to carry out CJ30 (budgeting)

and in no case the value of release(CJ32) shall be more than that of original budget(CJ30)(System shall not allow)

so check that the sufficient budget is maintained for that particular WBS element,and then only go to release

let me explain you with example

assigned value is 100EUR

budget was 1000EUR

now you have to relase budget and activate AVAC .(Maximum budget amount which can be release is 1000EURwhich is equal to original budget)

now if the user is raising a PR or PO of 901 EUR system shall not allow as the available budget is 900EUR

Always do maintain the person responsible as 0(Zero) (helpful as AVAC is activated).it shall not hamper in any way to system.

go to the link

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

As you have mentioned that budget is allowed to release by cj32. As it is throwing error of budget exceeded in cj32.

DO this:-

Check S_alr_87013558 or Cji3 report that how must cost already accumulated.

Assign budget more than that cost by cj37 (supplement) yearly also.

release all budget by cj32.

I am sure it will work.

Confirm it again error persist

Thanks & Regards

Rahul Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget is available for 2014, I cannot do supplement right without user permission.

As per my understanding i need to add funds in the release column in CJ32, this is not happening, if this is done my issue will get resolved.

I have more than 50 wbs elements which has actuals, commitmentsm available funds.

First I need to check budget in CJ30 then only the same i can map to CJ32.

But my question is how to do this,

once this is done i will do value category with cost element config with user permission.

Thanks,

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

already as mentioned ,adding funds in CJ32 is the process..increase original budget in CJ30 and then release the same in CJ32

to determine the exact value to be increased for all WBS elements you have to carry out arithmetic workings

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

follow the following checks,it might help resolve issue.

check the budget profile (overall and annual both are checked,if both are checked and you have maintained budget for both overall and annual then check the same in CJ33,Display Released budget)

Check the configuration settings ,you might have configured check for budget with tolerance limit as 80,90,100%,when you maintain it for 90% you have to maintain the respective mail id/person for the notification message to whom notification is to be sent ,please check that too.

Check the person responsible is maintained for WBS element which is considered as account assignment in PO

Check the original budget  and the budget released,

Check which are the controlling WBS elements:controlling WBS elements are those over which Budget is assigned

Check the assigned values for WBS elements in transaction S_ALR_87013558

if required deactivate the availability control which is the last option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Still my issue not yet resolved, for urgent creation of PO, I deactivated the availability check thru t-code CJBW, 

My settings -

1) Under "Time Frame" tab - Total Values and Annual values check box selected, under availability control "overall" checkbox not selected, but "releases" checked.

2) Tolerances -

TRGroup      Action               Usage

++               1(Warning)          50%

++               2(Error)               100%

3) Person responsible - 0

4) controlling area same as company code

5) Assigned values are same in s_alr_87013558 and in CJ31 – Extras analysis report for the project XXXX.

Till last month we can create PO with the same project with same wbs but this month getting budget exceeded issue.

The information i got from the user is they created project last year 2013 and using the availability check from this year 2014.

If we deactivate the AVAC for this project permanently, what will be the impact.

Please respond.

Thanks,

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

According to your settings:-

1 point suggest that AVAC activates on Annual budget released.

2.Tolerance limit on 100% -->ERROR.

3. Assigned value is same.

Last PO has been created in January and you are getting error now.

Can you please provide screen shot of error by double clicking on it.?

So that It may to help to understand exactly.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the Issue details.

Item 010 WBS element XXXXXX budget exceeded

Message no. BP604

Diagnosis

In document item 010 WBS element XXXXX, budget for WBS element XXX for fiscal year 2014 was exceeded by XXXXXXXXXXXXXX EUR.

Please respond.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please send test mail to this ID bhaskar.goud16@yahoo.com

Thanks,

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

As per Error...

Your wbs-element currency is maintained in EURO.

Is this same as controlling area currency?

IF No... then I am not sure, may be the problem arise from exchange rate.

Please check ,,May be someone change the settings in config.

and lets wait for experts reply.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

No issues with Currency.

Thanks,

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pavan,

Can you create a PO when you deactivate AVAC for this project? ( could you confirm?)

if you can Create it, then yes it is a budget availability control  in the project then

check your assigned budget

CJ31 transaction --> Extra > availability control > analysis --> check the assigned value

you need to know the currency that the AVAC is executed ( you can see in the budget profile customizing), you need to convert The PO order value to this currency  and then calculate : assigned budget + PO value ....... Compare this with your budget ( taking in account tolerance limits)

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1) I can create PO when I deactivate AVAC for this project

2) Budget is available in the assigned value, even till last month we posted so many actual for this project.

3) Currency in same local currency, checked Okay

Please respond.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggested this solution urgently, deactivate avac with CJBW and created PO again activated the PO.

But next time again do i need to do the same process for the new PO, but this is not suggestable right.

I can see the budget is available for the wbs element, till last month  no issues.

This month its getting budget exceeded issue, Please respond.

Thanks,

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

Have you checked release budget in CJ32 ?

S_alr_87013558 report shows report with original budget not with release budget.

Or May be u have distribute the budget to below Wbs-element ?

Check it again.

It might solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

In T-code CJ32, I can see the values in Current budget.

I tried giving the amount in Release it giving error message and before they have not updated anything in release for some wbs elements but actuals got posted.

Thanks,

Pavan

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

As you have trying to release budget in cj32 but system is not allowing that ...It means your AVAC control is active on release budget.

Now, check out you have posted actual last month also.

have you released budget yearly also?

check it and also.

And also compare this

CJ31 transaction --> Extra > availability control > analysis --> check the assigned value

and

s_alr_87013558 report assigned value

It should be same.

If there are different ..then It means there is program bug.

Check it out

Thanks

Rahul

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a Material PO?

If yes, please check if any planned price is maintained for  material in material master Costing 2 /accounting views.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

This is a service PO, no accounting and costing tabs in MM03 for this material.

Thanks,

Bhaskar