cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update drop down entry list at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a model with two layers where users are to register a team in the first step (tab1) and then register players with the teams in step 2 (tab 2).

When the model loads the available teams are loaded into a drop down list for use in tab 2. BUT when a new team is registered in tab 1 I need the list to be refreshed to also show this new value.

How?

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question answered, but had to use work around solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rui

The case here is just that - how do I refresh the list when user selects tab???

Harsimran

I tried this - even with a submit event between the two layers that is triggered at the same time as the insert statement in layer1 the list is not updated.

Could I use the input port of the entry list to achieve what I want? How would I then pass data to the entry list from layer1?

The main problem here as I see it is that I'm not passing data to a visible data source but rather to an entry list in an input form. Passing data between layers is no problem when a data source is the target, but I cannot see how I can trigger the dynamic entry list to refresh either by an event from layer 1 or when layer 2 is displayed.

There must be something I'm missing.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning

In tab 1 when the user clicks the "submit " button, the data is inserted in the backend system. In tab 2, you have drop down list which is getting values from dynamic entry list. The dynamic entry list is getting populated from backend system only. Is the scenario right.

If the above scanerio is right, please check the backend system , when you are entering data on submit.

Have you committed the insertion of data.

As Dynamic entry list is fetching data from table at backend, it should get refreshed. Whatever the dta ia in the table at backend, it should be present in the list.

Thanks & Regards,

Harsiman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this scenario is correct and yes the insert and commit works fine. The problem is that the drop down in tab 2 is first populated when the model loads, and is not refreshed until the model is reloaded (page refreshed). The insert statement in layer 1 does nothing to refresh the drop down in layer two.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried to make a similiar scenario and as the page is loaded and not refreshed, not able to see new entries. Can you use a workaround by using pop-up iView .

You can do like this

In first tab, add a button that opens a pop-up iView which can hold a drop down list. I think by this way , the pop-up iView will be refreshed each time it is opened.

Thanks

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is the way it ended up for me too: A pop up iview where the users can search for teams and return the right one.

Thanks for all replies.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsimran

The model is based on a bi_jdbc system. The data is going via an SQL insert statement to an Oracle DB. I am thinking that the submit action that triggers the insert also has to trigger a refresh action of some sort...

Marcel

Yes, this sounds like a viable approach, but where do I set a refresh for an entry list? I see how I can refresh a data source, but not a drop down list in a form view.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refresh the list when the user selects tab2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried connecting both the layers. I think by this when an event will happen in layer1, layer2 will also be refreshed.

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Yes, this sounds like a viable approach, but where do

> I set a refresh for an entry list? I see how I can

> refresh a data source, but not a drop down list in a

> form view.

The data in the 2nd drop down list is coming from a datasource, rt? Can't you refresh that data source?

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

can you try to refresh the dropdownlist via timer? E.g. when you add a new team then set the guard condition to true, so that the list will be refreshed.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where are you storing the data.. When you are registering the team, where is data going and in tab 2, which entry list are you using in drop down list.

Pleasen Provide this information

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran