Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP PI 7.3.1 File Adapter - Select file based on content

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I need to process a file differently based on the content within the payload.

For example a file called File_IS,xml is sent to a folder that PI is polling. Within this file is a field <TYPE> which I want to use to determine whether the file should be used  . I have two mapping scenarios that each have a file sender communication channel polling for the same file name "File_IS.xml" .  This is because a message will come from a 3rd party with the same file name but the content can be different meaning different mapping scenarios are required.  IF Com_Channel_1 sees the File I only want it to be picked up if say <TYPE> = 'A' - if not then Com_Channel_1 should do nothing with this file.  Similarly Com_Channel_2 should only use the file if <Type> = 'B'. 

Scenario:

File_IS.xml       -> File sender 1  -> <TYPE> = 'A'  - Pick up file - do mapping - archive.  <TYPE> <> 'A' - do nothing and leave file in folder

->  File sender 2  -> <TYPE> = 'B'  - Pick up file - do mapping - archive.  <TYPE> <> 'B' - do nothing and leave file in folder

Is the above possible at all ?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

Gary

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hello,

Since u are polling files from same folder for both the scenarios so instead of using 2 different channels use only one file sender channel and detremine routing conditions at interface determination level?

Hope the input structure for both the scenarios is same?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question