SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW-Multiple Articles data in Single IDoC

rahul_shah9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have developed LSMW to upload MARC entries using IDoC ARTMAS06. LSMW is working fine for data upload of Article 5k.

I would like to know What changes I need to make into LSMW so that in single IDoC I can pass multiple data.

Currently for each Article data upload system is creating one IDoC, instead I want multiple Articles data in Single IDoC like 5000 Articles data in one IDoC.

Please Suggest is there any way to do so.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Rahul.

4 REPLIES 4

rahul_shah9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Awating for your Valueable response.

Regards,

Rahul

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul:

The anser is probably Yes.  I've done this with other IDocs, for a very specific reason.   Here is how:

Create a new structure one level above the header (MARA) and include data to link MARA to the new stucture.   None of this data is mapped into the IDoc, it just serves to achieve the result.

So the structure looks like this:

GROUP_DATA

MARA

MARC

Create a dummy file to use with the GROUP_DATA structure, and include one field.  For example:  GROUP_VALUE.   You need one row of data in the file, with a dummy value, such as 1000

In your input file for MARA, include as the first column the same field, GROUP_VALUE (the field name must be the same field name used in GROUP_DATA), and include the same dummy value as used in GROUP_DATA-GROUP_VALUE, such as 1000.

With this, up to some limit, you'll create multiple header segments in the IDoc.

Now that we have that out of the way, the bigger question is: What is the expected benefit of this approach?  I've never seen this requirement for ARTMAS.

MARC updates take time 😞     Is this approach intended to increase performance?   If so, have you considered working with your Basis team to allocate resources and use parallel processing?

- Paul

-----------------------------

Paul Gendreau, Jr.
SAP Retail

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you for inputs.

Here basic issue is, now I cannot make any changes in the current LSMW structure and also upload file format as it is signed off.

Is there any way where by adding some coding in the Mapping and Conversion step I can achieve this? Please suggest.

Yes, this to improve performance specially while uploading MARC data by ARTMAS.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul:

Sorry, I don't know of a different approach.   More important, I would be surprised if this results in a performance increase.

Because of this, I would suggest that you create the discrete IDocs as you are already doing and work with your Basis team to allocate resources and use parallel processing.

- Paul

-----------------------------

Paul Gendreau, Jr.
SAP Retail