Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Resource Constraint Planning for Multiple Source of supply

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a scenario, where we are creating Multiple Production versions which CIF to APO with Multiple PDS. In multiple PV different work centers & different BOM has been assigned… We want to do Capacity planning for all Source of Supply.

I see only option is to use SAP_REM heuristic…But we don’t want to use this heuristic, as it is having lots of restriction…

I have tried with SAP PP heuristic for creating planned orders, and then doing capacity planning using SAP_DS_02…Enhanced Backward scheduling & SAP_DS_01 Stable Forward Scheduling … But it is still doesn't select the alternative source of supply…

Is there any heuristic, or running multiple sequence of heuristic which can plan on multiple PDS for capacity leveling …..

Regards

Debashis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debhashis

Could you please share the solution ?

As per my knowledge this can be done by :

During planning, the system selects the source of supply according to the

following criteria:

Quota arrangements: If the quota arrangement heuristic SAP_PP_Q001 is defined

in the product master, quota arrangements are taken into consideration.

Priority (highest priority = 0): If several sources of supply can deliver on time, the

source of supply with the highest priority is selected.

Costs: If there are several sources of supply with the same priority, the most

cost-effective option is selected.

Adherence to delivery dates: A source of supply that can deliver the required

quantity on time is always used in the production planning run. If the source of

supply selected on the basis of quota arrangement, priority and costs cannot meet

the delivery date for the product, the system selects the next best procurement

alternative in terms of quota arrangement, priority and costs, and checks whether

this source of supply ensures that the delivery dates can be met. Adherence to

delivery dates is therefore a “hard” condition. If none of the available procurement

alternatives can meet the due date, the order is created at a later date (the

alternative with the smallest delay is selected).

Regards

Rami

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Rami,

We have done custom modification to some of function modules, and applied to  the optimizer.

PPDS standard Optimizer does not move orders from one source of supply to another supply. It just moves orders from one Mode to different Mode in the PDS.

Where as we have done such modification, that optimizer call all the source supply and consider them as a different dummy  Mode priority and moved the orders as per the weightage we have selected in optimizer profile(set up time, delay time, delay cost etc).

Regards

Debashis

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis

I don't know whether you talk about PPDS heuristic or PPDS Optimizer

PPDS Optimizer move the order to others source of supply according to priorities ,please check SAP OSS FAQ note 1374824 FAQ - Order Creation PP/DS Optimization

Q13: How are Source of Supply priorities picked?

A13: Using the Procurement Priority in the header of the PPM or PDS.

Thanks

Regards

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Rami,

PPDS Optimizer, does consider source of supply Priorities, Bit it   can;t move order from one source to others.

PPDS optmizer can move order from one mode priority to other mode priority with in a single source of supply ..

example : We run optimizer as resource as a selection  and there are two resource . We do have two PDS  for the below combination

PDS 1 : mat 1 , Resource 1 , Bom 1 (procurement priority 0)

PDS 2 : Mat 1 , resource 2, Bom 1 (Procurement priority 1)

Optimizer won';t be able to move order s from PDS 1 to  PDS2 ..

Optimizer can move order if it is the below scenario:

PDS1 with Mode A: mat 1 , Resource 1 , Bom 1

PDS 1 with Mode B : mat 1 , Resource 2 , Bom 1..

Hope i have answered your query...

Regards

Debashis

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis

Thanks for your concern

Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

I think this can be handled in two steps ,

1) If you have multiple production versions due to different BOM the production version selection can be made based on lot size criteria, in PP heuristic. As source of supply selection happens in PP.

2) To drill down to all alternate resources you can use alternate resources within same master recipe , create same classification for alternate resources and attach to all master recipe. Detailed scheduling strategy will take care of alternate resources with in same PDS. you just need to select option "consider alternate modes" in DS strategy. This will allow you to level capacity on all the alternate resources. This works well. As far as i know any DS heuristic will not change source of supply , so this can be handled using alternate resources.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Dharmesh

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Dharmesh,

Thanks for your reply, But we can't use option one..

1. We use different PV for different BOM components, and it can be used for same lot size...  

Now  for option 2

2. We are already using  classification for alternative resources, which moves as alternative modes into PDS. There is no issue,But certain cases , we have different speed of machines , for them we have to create another routing and another PV. there we got into stuck..

any other solution for this , specially for different routing with one PDS... So that we can move them alternative modes...

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

There is one new heuristic in SCM 7.0 EHP2 "Multi Resource Scheduling Heuristic" which enables flexible finite scheduling across alternative modes and alternative sources of supply. Please try this it will work for your requirement. Thanks.

Regards,

Dharmesh.Gohel.

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Dharmesh,

I have gone through the document of multi-resource scheduling heuristic (SAP_MULT_SCH) . looks it'll solve the requirement. But Unfortunately we are in  EHP1.

Is it anyway possible only to have this heuristic in EHP1, w/o upgrade....

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debhashis,

It might be possible technically , but you will not be able to know how much work you will end up doing. If your technical resource can replicate Function module used in SAP_MULT_SCH in EPH1. But i can not not be sure about all the touch points inside function module. This is like creating a new heuristic. You can give a try. Cant you propose your client for EHP2 upgrade if requirement is very firm , there are other additional features as well in EHP2.

Regards,

Dharmesh.Gohel.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

I don't think any heuristic will help you in this case. As I know optimizer can do that with resource network.  For heuristic you need to do some Enhancement with custom coding by using BADI /SAPAPO/RRP_SRC_EXIT where you can redetermine the source of supply as alternate PDS.

Have a look on OSS note 449263 - User exit: Alternative sources of supply not checked in MRP.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Rupesh,

Thanks for ur reply,  Even i think so, and we are also  designing the same customized optimizer to move orders into different source of supply..

But this is taking a lot of time for testing and developing....So just curious is there any other solution to just create a finite planning taking alternative source of supply into considerations...

if you have some alternative solution please share ...

Regards

Debashis