cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract creations (VA41) problem. Cannot select condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, got a problem here. I am currently setting up the SD configuration and found out that I could'nt select the condition type under the condition tab when creating contract. Message "Possible entries cannot be displayed". What could be the problem? pricing procedure? I have done the necessary settings e.g below :

1) Maintain pricing procedure

2) Define customer determination procedure

3) Define document pricing procedure

4) Assign document pricing procedures - order types

5) Document pricing procedure - Assign billing types

6) Define pricing procedure determination

What else did i miss out?

Thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy;

Pls check the if the condition type you want to select is part of the Pricing Procedure. If this is not so then you will get this error.

Regards,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani, I have checked. The condition type is there in the pricing procedure. One thing I find it strange, do I need to link the pricing procedure to the contract type? If not, how would the system know.I have not done this and I have no idea where to link it.

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Andy,

Is this happening for any one condition type or all ?

This no problem in the determination of the pricing procedure, in case if it was the system might have given you the msg 'pricing procedure cannot be determined'.

Also, on the condition tab page click on the button 'Analysis' & check what msg the system gives.

do give your feedback.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andy,

Contract type is also a document type so assign doc pricing procedure to the contract type. In stead of OR it would be WK1/Wk2/DS etc.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathik, this is what I got when I clicked on the analysis button.

SqNo. Note

05 SD Document/Item 109 Condition record is missing

10 SD Document/Item 102 Access not made (initialized field)

20 SOrg/DstCh/Material_MainItem/Material 102 Access not made (initialized field)

30 SOrg/DstCh/Material Pricing Group-Main102 Access not made (initialized field)

40 Price group/Material 109 Condition record is missing

45 Price List Type/Currency/Material 102 Access not made (initialized field)

50 Material 109 Condition record is missing

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

These are the results of a particular Access Seq within a condition type.

let me re- frame the question,

1) What are the condition types that you can see when u go to the conditions tab page.

2) Which is the pricing procedure determined for the mentioned document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathik,

1) I cant see any of the condition type . Even MWST condition type is not there even though I have defined in the pricing procedure.

2) I have created a Z pricing procedure for the document.

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

My question may sound ridiculous now but, how do you know that the pricing procedure determined is ' Z ' ?

You are creating a Contract - in the customising screen of the document type(t.code VOV8) for the mentioned contract under the section 'transaction flow' check what is the entry in the field Doc. pric. procedure. Maintain the entry if not already maintained. (Generally, it would be V or Y)

Next check in t. code OVKK if the proper determination rules have been maintained specifically for the contract type that is used.

Give your feedback.

-PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathik, some misunderstanding here. what I meant was that I have created a new pricing procedure starting with Z something in V/08.

Yah checked in VOV8. V is already maintained in Doc. pric.procedure.

Checked in OVKK also. Think I can only maintain the condition type and not contract type. Is it correct?

Thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

sorry for interuppting conversation between you and Pathik. IN OVKK you can only maintain the Pricing procedure determination. Here you can determine the pricing procedure to be used for a particular Sales Area / document pricing proceudre and Customer pricing procedure.

Document pricing procedure is assigned to document type (Contract Type) and customer pricing procedure is assigned to Customer Master (sales area Data) and a particular sales are.

You can maintain deifferent condition types which you want to use for a particular pricing procedure in V/08. Contract type is a Type of Document and you can maintain this using VOV8 and not OVKK.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Andy,

Here the problem can be

1) In the pricing procedure determination(Let us include this possibility for a moment)

2) In condition types assigned to the pricing procedure.

Let us check out for both possibilities.

In OVKK, we maintain the pricing procedure determinaiton. If the determination is maintained correctly, next to be checked is what are the condition types maintianed in the pricing procedure ( in your case the pricing procedure is 'Z').

Next, as correctly mentioned by Dittakavi in t.code V/08, select the pricing procedure Z and click on control data(left hand margin), here you will get to know which are the condition types maintianed in the Pricing Procedure 'Z'.

Here refering to your previous post wherein you have mentioned you have maintianed the condition type for the pricing procedure , so some condition type has to there.

@Dittakavi,

As per me, in this forum there is nothing like interupting in a conversation. We are all trying to find a solution to a real life implementation issue.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini, below is the pop-up menu of the IMG when u click on "Define and assign Pricing Procedure". Let me explain in details what I have done for each and the default settings.

Maintain pricing procedure

-> Created a pricing procedure(ZCPROP) with 2 condition types, MWST &

ZPB1.

Define customer determination procedure.

-> 1:Standard

2:Stand.incl.sales tax

A:Standard

B:Stand.incl.sales tax

Define document pricing procedure

-> V - Contract

Assign document pricing procedures - order types

-> ZSPO - SP:Contract - V - Contract

Document pricing procedure - Assign billing types

-> ZSPO - SP:Prop Bill - V - Contract

Define pricing procedure determination

-> SP01-PR-01-V-1-ZCPROP-SP:Property Contract-ZPB1-SP:Property Item

Ok what else did I miss out?

Thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathik, u can refer to my previous post. I have explained in detail. Let me know if I have missed out anything. Is this the only place to setup for pricing procedure?

Thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andy,

What I understand:

SP01-PR-01 - Is the sales area

V - Document pricing procedure

1- Customer pricing procedure

ZCPROP - Pricing procedure

ZPB1 - condition type

Everything is fine.Now did you assign

1- Customer pricing procedure to Customer Master?

V - Document pricing procedure to Document Type (In VOV8)

Do one thing go to the pricing procedure V/08 and put TICK Mandetory & Manual for both the condition types.

Go to Vk11 and maintain atleast one Condition record for both the condition types.

Go to VA41 and try creating a contract using the Document Type (to which you assigned doc pricing procedure) + Same sales (SP01-PR-01) + Same customer (to which you assigned Customer pricing procedure)

Pl try as aboev and kindly give feedback. This should work out

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini, yah I have checked and done what you have mentioned but to no avail. The error still persist. This is the error message "Pricing error: Mandatory condition ZPB1 is missing".

Detail of errors :

Diagnosis

Mandatory condition ZPB1 does not exist. The document is therefore

considered to be incomplete from the point of view of pricing.

The cause can be, for example, that a condition record/> does not exist

for condition ZPB1 or that a field overflow has occurred when the

condition rate was calculated.

What to do

Check why the condition could not be found. Use the pricing analysis

function on the pricing screen to do this. If necessary, add the missing

condition manually to the document.

-> I have checked in V/06, ZPB1 is there in the customising and it is link to PPSV access sequence.

Thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the report mentions that condition record is not maintained for the condition type ZPB1.

To maintain a condition record use t. code VK11, select the condition type as ZPB1 > click on enter there would be pop-up screen >select one of the radio buttons> Maintain the required enteries here.

Carry out the operation again, you must succeed this time.

Give your feedback.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

As Pathik suggested - Go to VK11 and Type ZPB1 and Click on Key combination and select any one of the key combination (which is access) and maintain a condition record and save the data.

Do the same for the other condition type MWST also.

Then try to create a cOntract using VA41 and give feedback.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathik & Srini, Thanks for the reply. Appreciate that. I have done that before I posted my reply. Its not working. The error still persist. This is the analysis results.

SqNo. Note

05 SD Document/Item 109 Condition record is missing

10 SD Document/Item 102 Access not made (initialized field)

20 SOrg/DstCh/Material_MainItem/Material 102 Access not made (initialized field)

30 SOrg/DstCh/Material Pricing Group-Main 102 Access not made (initialized field)

40 Price group/Material 109 Condition record is missing

45 Price List Type/Currency/Material 102 Access not made (initialized field)

50 Material 009 Condition record is missing

Thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

For what access did you maintain the condition Record?. If you don't mind Pl send the screen shots of step by step process what you have followed. so that we can find out what is the exact problem.

dsrinid1@rediffmail.com

Else send in your mail ID

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini, I have sent you the sceen shots in my system. Pls take a look. Thanks!

Regards

Andy