Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one clarification on put away

I have a set of bin as below and is there a way I can say to picker to go in a specific sequence as per the priority assigned.

This is to achieve the optimal picking sequence for the picker. Or is there any specific way to achieve the same.

BinPriority
A-0022
A-0034
A-0015
B-0011

Kindly reply back at the earliest.

Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please throw some light on this issue. I'm reading the threads but no concrete answer for this.

Will sort profiles help in sorting the items in the TO while creating (not printing) in the desired way.

Whole objective is to sort the bins as needed while creating TO (LT03).

Regards

Manish

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you just defined the sort sequence or did you as well go to the storage bin maintenance to assign the right indicators?

Do this in LS11, first remove the old sort sequence, then assign the new.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

This is resolved. Unless I maintained TO sort profile the picking sequence is not working.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly give your inputs. I have tried searching but could not get specifically this issue's answer.

Regards

Manish

JL23
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you.. will check the same and confirm.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I'm using picking strategy as "F" - FIFO. Below is my bin template and structure

TemplateACNNCNNCCC
StructureA   BB CC

Below is my sort sequence for put away and picking. Put away is working fine but not picking

Sort Seq PutawayRack ASort Seq Picking
0205A-02-05A02
0204A-02-04A02
0203A-02-03A02
0202A-02-02A02
0201A-02-01A02
0105A-01-05A01
0104A-01-04A01
0103A-01-03A01
0102A-01-02A01
0101A-01-01A01   

Putaway sequence is working properly as below. But picking is also happening the same way. We want the picking to happen for the first Rack "A" and the it should go level 1 & 2 and then to second rack "B" so on.. Please confirm if my sort sequence correct for picking.

1st fillA-01-01B-01-01C-01-01
-->
2nd fillA-01-02B-01-02C-01-02
-->
3rd fillXXB-01-03C-01-03
-->
4th fillA-01-04B-01-04

Regards

Manish

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please have a look into this discussion from last year where I explained how the sort sequence is to be defined:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm clear on sort sequence and it is working on the putaway perfectly. The problem I'm facing is in picking. The same sequence is not working in picking. I found one of your another post and it was helpful. I understood that first the strategy will work (either FIFO / Partial Quantities) then the sequencing will happen.

I have changed my strategy from "F" to "A" (part quantities). Still the bins are not getting sequenced in TO. I have attached the screen shots of the same. Please let me know if I'm missing some concept / configuration.

Regards

Manish