cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while accessing Promotion Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am running BI 4.1 SP2. While trying to access Promotion Management in the CMC, I am getting the following error:

"

Sorry, Promotion Management application is unable to process your request.

The error from the server is: Unable to retrieve the root LCM folder. Please check if you have sufficient rights to perform promotion management.

"

And I am unable to see or create any jobs.

Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to solve it please?

Thanks,

Sudarshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have appropriate rights set on the LCM folder?

Check the below :

Public folders --> LCM --> Promotion Jobs

Firs set General--> View Objects on LCM folder

and then followed by the below rights on the Promotion Jobs folder

Then make sure you have enough rights on the application "Promotion Management" as below

Let me know if this solves the purpose or not.

Regards,

Upendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Updendra,

First of all, I do not have Public Folders. I have Folders instead, but I do not have a folder called LCM there. I am running BI 4.1 SP2. It would be great if you can help me find where the LCM folder should be located.

Thanks,

Sudarshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the CMC in folders you should have "All Folders" - this folder should map to "Public Folders" in the BILaunchpad.

As you can see in both my screenshots, you should have a folder called LCM and in there a folder called Promotion Jobs.

The LCM folder should NOT be deletable, but we've seen occasions where that does happen and also, if moved into another sub-folder, this can cause problems.

Recreating the LCM folder and subfolder is NOT going to fix the issue since you need them to have a specific CUID.

I don't know how to fix this off the top of my head - so please open a support incident and we'll gladly help you get this fixed. (If note 1916832 isn't the right one to fix this issue.)

--

Kind regards,

Patrick Bulteel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What actually happened was:-

1. I migrated several folders from an older installation. There, the folder LCM had been moved inside another folder called "Temp". The result > the LCM folder in my new installation also got moved into the Temp folder.

2. Then, in order to clean up the folders, I deleted a few folders including Temp (and therefore the LCM folder).

3. As pointed out by Patrick, recreating the folder wouldn't have worked. So, I migrated the LCM folder from the older installation again and this has solved the problem.

Thanks to everyone that helped!

Cheers,

Sudarshan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

Since when you are facing this issue? Do you face the same issue with the default Administrator as well?

If you are not able to see LCM folder even with the Administrator, It looks like the DFOs for Promotion Management have not been uploaded correctly. If you have a good amount of content already developed, it would be advisable to create a SAP support ticket to get the things sorted out.

However, if this is a brand new install and you dont have much content you can try the below steps.

1. Stop the existing SIA.

2. Create a blank schema\DB with the help of your DBA for CMS

3. Create a new SIA pointing to the new DB.

4. Add the license key

This step should upload the missing DFOs and Promotion Management should work fine.

Use the new SIA for some time and once confirmed, you can get rid of the old SIA and CMS DB.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Chinmaya

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I am already using a common location that is accessible from both nodes. I just checked my IFR and OFR on both nodes and restarted the services - didn't help!

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Sudarshan

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to BI Platform space; please post these types of questions here in the future

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy! I realized it was in the wrong sub-space but couldn't get it to move. Anyway, thanks again!