Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to 2 Communication Channels on same Business Service / PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got a new question.

I want to place a file in two different directories on the same Business Service. Think I have to use 2 CC for that.

Background: We receive a file and want to forward that to a directory (e.g. "/in"). So far so good. But in addition this file should also placed in an archive directory (e.g. /in/archive). Unfortunately there's no archive function in the receiver file channel, therefor I have to find another solution.

Any ideas? In Receiver Determination I only can assign one CC to the BS...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ankit_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mathias Rehberg,

What is the use case of placing the same file in 2 different location in the same file server?

1. If archiving is the intended functionality, then it should be done once the file from its original location is read (in that case, archive through sender file adapter).

2. But if file needs to be anyhow copied in two different locations, then solution is already provided by Amit above.

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Missed out to add blog reference:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

U can either use AM,  or u can write a script and last ut not least u can add one more file receiver channel (which u are already aware of).

In case u want to use same design for multiple interfaces then u can certainly look towards implementing AM, but in case this is one such req. where u want to archive files then u can avoid using AM and add one more channel.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Message was edited by: Amit Srivastava

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow below link

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreenivas.

That was not the answer I hoped for. 😉

Is there no other way? So for that I could use 2 CC not one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>In Receiver Determination I only can assign one CC to the BS...

It seems that u want to use two different CC in single receiver service??

In ESR, create one more inbound interface (using same message type) + one OM (same sender interface which u have used in ur original flow and newly created inbound interface)

In ID -> under Interface determination, u can add above newly inbound service interface along with OM and assign another (archive directory) channel  for the same while creating RA (in case of ICOs u have to assign channel under "Outboundprocessing" tab)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is better to create 2 interfaces like Amit suggested...

Thanks,

Sreenivas