cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store SOAP LookUp output in global container and then access it as per requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have 1 requirement in JDBC-JDBC syn scenario where we have SOAP LookUp and we have around 60 fields at target side.

I have written UDF to get each field from SOAP LookUp but i can't call SOAPLookUp 60 times in my Mapping.

So i want to call SOAP LookUp only once and store data in gloabal container and then have to pass it to all the target fields through my UDF.

Please provide your idea.

Highly appreciable if you provide code snippet.

Thanks & Regards,

Skrishna S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikrishna -

I have written UDF to get each field from SOAP LookUp but i can't call SOAPLookUp 60 times in my Mapping.

>>> If your webservice is capable of returning the values for all 60 fields then you can make use of the "Graphical Variable" option. Have a look at the below blog.

http://scn.sap.com/people/william.li/blog/2008/02/13/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-using-gra...

steve_coombes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Skrishna

You could perform the SOAP lookup once at the root of the target document and store the results in attributes (Attributes and Methods on the Functions tab) via a custom method/function.

I have done this in the past but it does make the graphical mapping less intuitive. For example you'd probably need to create getter methods to use the attributes in your mapping, and then you can't use the 'Display Output' option in the graphical mapping.

Kind regards

Steve